MinkiSan

All in Arma or CUP help needed.

6 posts in this topic

I have a server, I am new to this and am learning as I go.

I have read a guide on how to install a server. It wasn't totally relevant as I am paying for a host. I found out information I needed to change the map from altis to taviana. I understand I need to install Taviana via AllinArma terrain pack however, when I went to get it I discovered 3 things. 

All in Arma is obsolete and CUP should be used. Taviana is not listed as a map in either All in Arma or CUP. I do not know where I should add the files to my server. 

Add to this I am not 100% sure what I should be doing with the files. Right now  I think I should be creating a mission file with Taviana (don't know how), turning that into a Exile.Taviana.pbo, I assume using arma tools like I did with the exile_server_config.pbo and adding it to the mpmissions folder but the config I created isn't working to spawn me with the gear I have stated. 

Is there someone who is willing to point me in the right direction. I want to learn to do this so I am not asking someone to do it for me, I just think I am having an overload of information. 

Hey,

you can use AiA or CUP. But i prefer CUP. For Taviana you need a extra download: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15085

The hardest thing to create, i guess, is the Exile.Taviana.pbo. I´ve never done this so i cant help you with that. :( But if you search for one you should find one.

I hope i could help ypu at least a lil bit :)

Advertisement

All in arma is no longer updated. Use CUP terrains. For servers, I prefer to use the full version of CUP terrains.

The @CUP_Terrains folder goes in the top level directory of the arma server. Inside of the @ folder, there should be a folder named keys. Move the .bikey files from inside this keys folder to  /a3ds/keys/

As far as the mission file goes, 

Thanks Wasti, is there a way I can vote you up you have been really helpful? Add me on steam anyway, I am MinkiSan and check out my YouTube channel sometime, that is what this server is for.

Posted (edited)

Is my file structure right, I have some files repeated within the server file? 

If it is right which should I use for config edits? 

To be clear all I did to install exile was click install mod then install server as per my hosts instructions, I then followed the set up guides to get it working. 

Filezilla screen shot.jpg

Edited by MinkiSan

Posted (edited)

Scripting looks abit complicated but will learn.

P.S. actually easy :) and Thanks For Your Tutorial.

Edited by fau5tz

Advertisement