canuckbrian

[infiSTAR Feature Request] Vote System Improvements

8 posts in this topic

Hey Chris,

I have been getting some feedback from players on my servers about the day/night vote, and how it works. They love the ability to call votes for day or night, but it seems a little lob-sided. Here's a couple of suggestions:

1. Minimum votes required. A setting that dictates what percentage of players need to vote.
    _MRV=0.3 (30% of server player population at time of vote call must vote for vote to pass)
    Eg: Lets say there are 10 players on the server, and someone calls a vote for day. With this setting at least 3 players must vote or the vote is ignored. Scales with server population. If not enough people vote then a message should be displayed indicating such.
  2. Minimum Vote Percentage. A setting that dictates the minimum vote percentage that needs to be reached for the vote to pass.
    _MVP=0.51 (51% or more of the votes required to pass)
    Eg: If there are 10 players on the server and someone calls a vote for day, 2 votes for day, another 2 votes for night. The vote is tied at 50% and fails. If day gets 3 and night gets 2 votes, then day wins with 60% which is higher than the 51% needed. Again this scales with the server population. Right now if a vote ties it considers it a win. Some players find this weird.

Cheers!

09.03.2015 - v0040
+ added Minimum votes required (for day / night vote)
+ added Minimum Vote Percentage (for day / night vote)
+ added Time (in seconds) to wait until nex vote is possible (for day / night vote)

:rock:

2 people like this

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

Hello!

@infiSTAR
Sorry for saying that, but voting is broken again.
I can see message about voting done (/vote day or vote day), but time do not change.

v0041.

PS. Radiation kills just fine in godmode @Namalsk.

Good luck.

Edited by exilerist

I think the voting (after the change) is just misunderstood - what do you say isn't working with it?

*it will block radiation level then :)

Posted (edited)

Hello!

@infiSTAR

Settings.

Spoiler

DayNightVote = true;
MRV = 0.3;	/* if "DayNightVote = true;" - Minimum votes required. Percentage of players needed to pass the vote. */
MVP = 0.51;	/* if "DayNightVote = true;" - Minimum vote percentage. A setting that dictates the minimum vote percentage that needs to be reached for the vote to pass. */
VCT = 300;	/* if "DayNightVote = true;" - Time (in seconds) to wait until nex vote is possible. */

Players can vote.

Players can see message about voting done, something like "...2 voted (100%)...", but nothig change.

But beeing an admin I can switch day/night freely.

Good luck.

Edited by exilerist

MVP might need to be lower, 0.51 means that at least PLAYERCOUNT/PLAYERVOTES > 0.51 of the online players need to vote :P

Hello!

Sorry, I can't get it. :$

2 players, 2 same votes, 2/2=1? 1>0.51?

xD that's true yes^^

I will change it up again 

Advertisement