TheArchiGamer

How to spawn in Exile items from editor?

28 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I tried to place this under "Ask a Developer" Sub Forum but it was greyed out.  I need help with spawning 

Exile items such as Duct tape or Clean water etc. through the 3D Editor?  I looked online for this but I didnt have any luck.

Thank you! :)

Run your Arma 3 together with Exile mod, and wham bam boogie, you'll be able to find them in the editor ^_^

Advertisement
4 minutes ago, ka0s said:

Run your Arma 3 together with Exile mod, and wham bam boogie, you'll be able to find them in the editor ^_^

I enabled the Exile mod through the launcher and went into the editor but all I could find was the building props and signs for traders!

5 minutes ago, TheArchiGamer said:

I enabled the Exile mod through the launcher and went into the editor but all I could find was the building props and signs for traders!

Strange, I know for a fact they're in there I done it myself several times, however I cannot guide you right now as I'm not at home or near a computer with Arma 3  :)

3 minutes ago, ka0s said:

Strange, I know for a fact they're in there I done it myself several times, however I cannot guide you right now as I'm not at home or near a computer with Arma 3  :)

Thank you for trying to!  

Hello,

There is another 'way', a little bit of work, but it DOES work!

#1 - Dig thru the Exile code and you will find the class names for the items you wish.

#2 - Use a script to spawn item on ground, in a box/crate of some sort, or where ever you want it to be.

This method DOES work as I use it for both Exile, Epoch, and for general ARMA stuff.

:)

5 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello,

There is another 'way', a little bit of work, but it DOES work!

#1 - Dig thru the Exile code and you will find the class names for the items you wish.

#2 - Use a script to spawn item on ground, in a box/crate of some sort, or where ever you want it to be.

This method DOES work as I use it for both Exile, Epoch, and for general ARMA stuff.

:)

I'll do it any way possible!  Are there any tutorials out there showing the script and where to look for the class names?

look under Items, else put in any item , and just change the name of the item to a exile classname

when i remember right exile item are IN normal arma categories, or just not in.

6 minutes ago, hieve said:

look under Items, else put in any item , and just change the name of the item to a exile classname

when i remember right exile item are IN normal arma categories, or just not in.

Ok that sounds simpler!  Are the classnames for Exile listed somewhere?  If they're not how can I find them?

Posted (edited)

you could open config.cpp and lookup traders items OR you go into wiki, for the most there are the classnames

if you want to change the classname of a item, you gotta open the mission.sqm and edit it with your favourite editor(notepad++ for instance), but be careful to backup your mission before changing things, you can destroy it if theres any missing (;.,) or anything else

Edited by hieve

Advertisement