gonzai

ExileZ 2 VS. TornZ ?

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Which is best? Which mod install?

Edited by gonzai

i dont like both, seem to have strange spawners and if I remember they cutted out some features of z&d 

currently I use native Z&D spawners place via editor

Advertisement

Exile Z is more configurable. TornZ has better performance. Neither is "better". They're just different. 

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, hieve said:

i dont like both, seem to have strange spawners and if I remember they cutted out some features of z&d 

currently I use native Z&D spawners place via editor

I am interested on how you place them with the editor and what you use and where they go.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Wang Coffin said:

I am interested on how you place them with the editor and what you use and where they go.

de-pbo the exile.altis

open it in (!2D-)editor, place them and your ready to go, life dont need to be that hard :)

(you just got to careful with spawning zones, as they are special objects, on creating, changing  or renaming them they will become standard markers, moving still works)

its just about optimizing them, if you take a large map like altis and you want to have zombies in every town , these are around 70-80 spawners

so if you got 64 players and they are every one in its own city , you just can spawn about 2-5 zombies (70*2 = 140) depending on your server per town

some better way would be to put these into something like initserver , but we have the graphical editor, so why not use it?

Edited by hieve

3 minutes ago, hieve said:

de-pbo the exile.altis

open it in (!2D-)editor, place them and your ready to go, life dont need to be that hard :)

its just about optimizing them, if you take a large map like altis and you want to have zombies in every town , these are around 70-80 spawners

so if you got 64 players and they are every one in its own city , you just can spawn about 2-5 zombies (70*2 = 140) depending on your server per town

some better way would be to put these into something like initserver , but we have the graphical editor, so why not use it?

I am using Namalsk and when I try to open it. there is the error no player found and then cant open the mission file. But thanks for the quick response.

3 minutes ago, Wang Coffin said:

I am using Namalsk and when I try to open it. there is the error no player found and then cant open the mission file. But thanks for the quick response.

this also works for namalsk...

de-pbo and you should be able to open this in 2d editor. 

the editor files just have Spawnzones, trader marker and exile players in, all other is spawned via initXXXX.sqf

but be careful if you put in mods, you need to load them if you load the map, if you save the map while have opened and assigned mod items, the ADDON will be added to the mission as requirment, you can delete this, but just manually

4 minutes ago, hieve said:

this also works for namalsk...

de-pbo and you should be able to open this in 2d editor. 

the editor files just have Spawnzones, trader marker and exile players in, all other is spawned via initXXXX.sqf

but be careful if you put in mods, you need to load them if you load the map, if you save the map while have opened and assigned mod items, the ADDON will be added to the mission as requirment, you can delete this, but just manually

yeah I use Nato and HLC and Tyrk so just make sure I load Zombies&Deamons and then place the spawners and all should be good

try to start from scratch (if it really does not work, just load exile as mod and try to open it in editor)

after that you can add the zombies, its here better to just load what you need -  if you dont want to add hlc/tyrk items in editor, as they, as i already mentioned will get a requirment for everytime you edit the mission

Advertisement