Dark Lam0r

Construct Binding

Question

Hi guys,

this mod is really good work, but i have a problem with constructing:

If I want to construct a fireplace and hit space, it doesnt work. If pressing Esc to stop constructing, my fireplace stays where i sat it, but cant be lighted up.

Is "construct" hardcoded bound to spacebar or to an ingame control that is usually on spacebar and i could have it rebound?

This error even occurs on places, where another player placed a firebase, so it should not be a problem with distance to traderzones/buildings/anything else that stops constructing.

Thanks a lot

5 answers to this question

the fireplace hanging is a bug.

as far as redefining the build keys, they are 'hard coded' in the mod.  perhaps in future releases, this will be addressed.

the hanging stuff, while i have not tried every single item on the build menu, i do know that the fire is the only one i have come across that 'hangs' upon escape.

also, you must 'own' the land you wish to put a fire on.

good luck!

:)

I'm having a similar problem where my Home/End/PgUp/PgDn keys in the build menu just dont work. I've tried removing any other arma bound keys, tried it with num lock on and off.. nothing works. I am on a laptop with a built in keypad. Is there a known issue with this kinda thing?

Advertisement

Why do i need to own the ground to enlighten a bunch of wood? I absolutely understand not to be able to create a workbench or any other constructions but trying to survive without fresh water seems hard if i first need 5k to buy the land therefor.....

And the workbench kit tells me, that it can only be constructed on my terrain, the fire kit doesnt....

1 person likes this

Hey guys! 

I'm having the same problem.

I have tried with fire places and camo tents, and I can't build any of them.

Absolutely every building control works as intended and I can elevate, rotate and whatever, except for space key to confirm the action, once I hit scape to abort, the 3d object of the tent of fireplace stays in the last position, but can't be used/interacted.

Edited by Porti

Advertisement