Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anchor89

Exile co-op

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I wanted to ask if anyone has made a co-op version of exile, to be able to play it without setting up a dedicated server, if not, how hard would it be to create one?
I searched all over the web for a possible answer but didn't find any, sorry if it is in the wrong section, too.
(I'm looking for a co-op version , so that me and my friend can play this mod without PvP.)

Cheers

Edited by Anchor89

Advertisement

you could just set up a server with a3xai for roaming ais and dms missions for the missions... then make it password secured... then no one but you and your friend can connect

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

But will everything else be included, from gathering gear to building a base, since our hope is that we have the possibility to do everything you can do in exile mod, just without other people.

Edited by Anchor89

Exile requires use of a database and a dedicated hosting session.

There is no SP version since the server does all that stuff you are wanting and most require the database.

A very heavy set of modifications would need to be done but would break much of the experience in the long run with the first problem being NON PERSISTANCE without a database

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Exile requires use of a database and a dedicated hosting session.

There is no SP version since the server does all that stuff you are wanting and most require the database.

A very heavy set of modifications would need to be done but would break much of the experience in the long run with the first problem being NON PERSISTANCE without a database

Alright, thank you for your thorough answer on this matter.

1 person likes this

As @DirtySanchez said. 

That being said if you have a semi-good rig you're not using you could setup a dedicated there, exactly as @NoMercy-NoRegrets©®™ suggested. Making a direct Scenario / SP mode of this would require far too many hours of work to even bother, and then the NON PERSISTANCE comes into the picture as well, a database is simply required to get the most out of the experience. :)

np man, Exile has a great community of people, players, owners and developers. Stick around and enjoy!

Posted (edited)

My friend is trying to setup a dedicated server on his computer right now, the database is working, but we are getting the following issues:

Server creation failed : 2302 , and below that

22:19:30 Dedicated host created.
22:19:34 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.208)
22:19:34 Autoinit is supported only for persistent missions!

Any help would be very appreciated indeed.

Edited by Anchor89

4 minutes ago, Anchor89 said:

My friend is trying to setup a dedicated server on his computer right now, the database is working, but we are getting the following issues:

Server creation failed : 2302 , and below that

22:19:30 Dedicated host created.
22:19:34 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.208)
22:19:34 Autoinit is supported only for persistent missions!

Any help would be very appreciated indeed.

Please post the startup parameters. ^_^

1 person likes this

Advertisement