Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob_the_K

Definitive answer to set up latest Exile and Esseker

Question

My server mgmt so far has been exclusively Arma2/Dayz based and although A3 is similar, there are differences.   I'm looking for some definitive answers to how to set up a vanilla Exile server with the Esseker map.  Other mods and addins can come later.  So I started reading through the forums when v0.9.4.1 was out and now that 0.9.6  is out, I'm looking to create a server.   But there's inconsistencies across threads.  One thread or guide says you need the All in Arma Terrain Pack.  Another says to use All in Arma Terrain Pack Lite.   Yet another, including Bohemia says AIA is obsolete and we should be using CUP-Terrains instead.  So which is it for the latest versions of both Exile and Esseker?  I assume in either case, it would be an entry in the -mods parameters.  

And the same for the Esseker map.  I keep seeing that I need the @Esseker folder and that it needs to be in the A3 root directory.  And that it can be gotten from the A3 launcher and other places.   But it no longer appears to be @Esseker.  Instead, it now seems to be that I need Exile.Esseker.PBO and that it is loaded in config.cfg in the Class Missions section in the @ExileServer folder as template = Exile.Esseker;.   But there's also already a line in config_server.cfg in the similar Class Missions section as  template = "MyMission.Altis";  Do I comment this out?  Do I still need it since I want to run the Esseker map?  Do I need to replace it with the same line as in config.cfg?  

So for each of these, I have found no consistency as to how it should be done to have a functioning v0.9.6 Exile server with the Esseker map.  I can find several threads that illustrate different combinations and permutations of these but regardless, I haven't found the "right" combination.  So what's the right combination?

2 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Use cups terrains. yes, its an entry in the -mod=

@Esseker is the data for the map/terrain, it has nothing to do with the mission file, you also need to load it as a -mod

Exile.Esseker.pbo is the mission file that tells the server to run on the esseker map, along with all the fun stuff for exile.

Exile.esseker.pbo goes into the MPmissions folder of the server.

You can just replace Mymission.altis with Exile.Esseker

Really though, you should get your server running exile on normal altis, then once it is running and connecting to the database and ect, make the move to esseker by enabled @essker in the -mod and changing the mission template to Exile.Esskeer

Edited by wasti

Thanks!  I got the basic Altis map running.. So I moved @esseker to the server folder, along with @CUP Terrains Core and @CUP Terrains Map.  But there are several other @CUP folders (Units, Vehicles, Weapons).  So I edited my startup to be:  start "Arma3" /min /wait arma3server.exe -mod=@CUPTerrainsCore;@Esseker;@exile;Kart;Mark;Heli; -servermod=@exileserver; -config=C:\Arma\Server\@ExileServer\config.cfg -port=2312 -profiles=SC -cfg=C:\Arma\Server\@ExileServer\basic.cfg -name=SC -autoinit

When the server starts, I get "Addon 'CUP_Structures_config' requires addon 'CUP_Structures_Data" and my RPT now contains:

21:29:57 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted  for cup_buildings_config and cup_camisc

- which I'll bet is due to the missing CUP_Structures_Data.  Do I need to add the other @CUP folders, too?

On my client PC, I get "You cannot play/edit this mission....that has been deleted aia_buildings, aia_misc3_config, aia_misc_e_config... and a few others.  Do I also need to add in AIATP?  I thought that had been retired.

Advertisement