Haz

[SOLVED] What should I make next?

What should I make next?   20 members have voted

1. 1. What should I make next?

• Revive System
    • Mission System
    • AI Roaming System
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 posts in this topic

What should I make next?

I would like make something for myself and share it with the Exile community as well. Use the poll... If choose "Other" then please post what exactly you would like but please keep them reasonable. :)

Already in in the works:

Logistics System

1 person likes this

a convoy AI mission would be cool

2 people like this

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

There not really a lot of point in a revive system, the one @happydayz made works like a charm. Mission system, well.. We got plenty of that, I think what most people are eager for is roaming AI, since the A3XAI is really shitty in regards to performance, too many threads running on server side, making the performance awful, + Development of A3XAI is discontinued, and haven't been updated ever since BIS A3 1.52. 

Roaming AI system that is performance friendly would be very welcomed! ^_^

Edited by ka0s
1 person likes this

Revive system will never be at it full potential until BIS implement their Revive function. As Ka0s says: HappyDayz Revive works just fine for now.

Missions systems already exist, and so do roaming AI.

Need some new ideas... :D

2 people like this

no one has done a convoy mission yet in Exile, or under water missions, military invasions maybe too? there is a whole heap of variations

1 person likes this

36 minutes ago, red_ned said:

no one has done a convoy mission yet in Exile, or under water missions, military invasions maybe too? there is a whole heap of variations

Fums mission system has underwater missions with convoys.

14 minutes ago, GR8 said:

Fums mission system has underwater missions with convoys.

but only runs on headless client and that sucks as I don't have one and nor do most people

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I voted other - I was going to do this, but I've been too busy lately;

Make a trader that sells "body guards" for poptabs. There would have to be different levels of body guards, ie 100 poptabs to get a poorly trained (low ai skill) single body guard that carries a 9mm sting by default; or 4000 pop tabs to get 3 (high ai skill) body guards decked out in body armor with mx lmg's or other high power guns.

Body guards would have to last a certain amount of time, like an hour or maybe base the time off of the price as well. (a slider to change the amount of time in the purchase screen would be nice) They would just follow the purchasing player around and give support. This way, if a lone wolf player wants to take down a huge AI base, but can't do it by them self, they can hire some body guards to help them :)

Could even have a medic type body guard that could be scripted to attempt to revive you using HappyDayz' Revive.

JohnO's dog script could also possibly be called from this body guard trader for 50 poptabs or something (although I think the dogs don't like traders very much yet)

Not sure if the body guards inventory should be accessible by players though, (wouldn't want people to buy the guard, then just steal all his awesome loot :P ) However, a pack-mule type body guard that the player can access his inventory would be good if he didn't start with anything fancy. (maybe if the player wants him armed, they have to give him the gun?)

Headless client support for these body guards would be good too, even better if a single headless can take ownership of just the bodygaurds while another headless is controlling the rest of the ai. (headless vs headless anyone?)

Let me know if you do this, I'll assist you in any way I can.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/173406-pg-services-pmc/

might be worth a look for skins/gear for the body gaurds.

Edited by wasti

Virtual Garage please.

1 person likes this

Advertisement