11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Is there a way to make a secondary server for testing changes before they go live on the primary server. I would like it to read off of the primary server's database, but not write to it, so that gameplay would not be affected by what is tested. I just want to avoid bringing the server down and breaking it by a bad change.

I have searched extensively on the forums and Google with no luck, so any input would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Make a server in your Arma 3 folder on your computer, dump the sql from your live server and import it to SQL on your computer.

Advertisement
1 hour ago, gkndy07 said:

Hi all,

Is there a way to make a secondary server for testing changes before they go live on the primary server. I would like it to read off of the primary server's database, but not write to it, so that gameplay would not be affected by what is tested. I just want to avoid bringing the server down and breaking it by a bad change.

I have searched extensively on the forums and Google with no luck, so any input would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Use the same database but with a different mysql user that does not have write privileges. 

5 minutes ago, GR8 said:

Use the same database but with a different mysql user that does not have write privileges. 

Thanks for the help! But could you give me a quick rundown how to do that? I'm new this and I'm trying not to screw up my existing database in the process. lol sorry.

2 hours ago, gkndy07 said:

Thanks for the help! But could you give me a quick rundown how to do that? I'm new this and I'm trying not to screw up my existing database in the process. lol sorry.

What do you use, to access your database? 

7 minutes ago, GR8 said:

What do you use, to access your database? 

MySQL

51 minutes ago, gkndy07 said:

MySQL

Let me repeat, where to go to access your MySQL database ? (PHPmyAdmin, HeidiSQL, Navicat, CMD)

lol I've just been using the MySQL Editor. haha I guess I need to get one of those. Which do you recommend? Sorry for being so new to this.

51 minutes ago, gkndy07 said:

lol I've just been using the MySQL Editor. haha I guess I need to get one of those. Which do you recommend? Sorry for being so new to this.

I recommend HeidiSQL as its free and updated often. 

usermanager.png

Ok I installed Heidi SQL and have it linked to my database. Where do I go from here to make the second server?

Advertisement