MinkiSan

Still not showing on A3 launcher

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have waited 6 days and my server still isn't showing on A3 launcher. I thought it might just need time however, I had Taviana working previously it showed up within a few hours.

Do I need to do something to tell the launcher about my server or do I need to edit something so my  server is recognised by the launcher?

Thanks for looking. 

Edited by MinkiSan
Error

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

Thanks so much for looking at this. No when I check the server at the link I get "Oh snap! Query error"

Here are the startup parameters I think!

-ip=37.187.170.89 -port=2307 -noPause -noSound "-cfg=A3DS\basic.cfg" -ranking="" -par="" "-config=A3DS\server.cfg" "-profiles=A3DS" "-servermod=@ExileServer;@infiSTAR_Exile" "-mod=@Exile;@CUP_Terrains;@TavianaA3" -world=empty -autoinit

This is the command line for the server which I assume means how the server starts so if its not sorry. 

However, I just checked the query port and it says " Oh snap! Found unknown mod: Taviana 0.3.8.1 "

This is the reason isn't it?

Next question then is "RRRRAAAGGGGGHHHH WHAT DO I DO NOW HAVE I RUINED MY LIFE?"

Edited by MinkiSan

Due to a request from the map author, Taviana has been removed from A3L. Any server running Taviana will not show on there as Taviana will be seen as an unknown mod.

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, MGTDB said:

Due to a request from the map author, Taviana has been removed from A3L. Any server running Taviana will not show on there as Taviana will be seen as an unknown mod.

Is there a reason that I am going to like, such as an update or is there a reason that will make me sad like, he doesn't want people using his map?

The author didn't authorise the current port of the map to Arma 3.

3 minutes ago, MGTDB said:

The author didn't authorise the current port of the map to Arma 3.

Thank you for the information, its very much appreciated. Before I get further into the rabbit hole would you suggest switching to another map? Loot isn't spawning properly and Tavi has been a bit of a pain but I love the map. Is there another map you can suggest that will be easier to work with for a noob, plus, can you tell me if I can copy trader cities from one map to another or do I have to start again?

basically any map can be used to run exile on. just go and check a few and see wich one takes your fancy.

Highly recomend dont waste your time with taviana unless you want no players. 90% of players can only use a3launcher and as such will not have access to your server. 

14 hours ago, happydayz said:

Highly recomend dont waste your time with taviana unless you want no players. 90% of players can only use a3launcher and as such will not have access to your server. 

Thanks, switched to Altis, very happy, everything works "out of the box". 

1 person likes this

Advertisement