Eichi

[SOLVED] SQF Function Wiki?

Would you like to have a SQF Wiki?   342 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have a SQF Wiki?

• Yes, and I will add content
    • Yes, for researching
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 posts in this topic

sure yes :) 

still i dont like the wiki system here, for new players this is really not organized and easy accessible, and for advanced its not enough information in these sites.

The dilemma, as does the lazy will further ask stupid questions, copying the scripts from the wiki, not just a little attempt to understand them.  Though I don't rank myself as professionals, the same beginner too, but not silly :)

Advertisement

Most of all I would like to see examples of the work with the database scripts

Really good idea! I don't mind helping out by adding content to it.

22 hours ago, maca134 said:

Ctrl-F and read the code?

I prefer this because you learn code while searching :D

Valid, but it's not like a wiki will stop you from looking at the code behind it.

1 person likes this

All for anything that will get more content out there. It may not end up being good content, but any content is good in that people can read it and take the time to learn what it does, why it does what it does, and how. I'm new to scripting for this game, not to c++, and have already learned a lot about the game in the last week. There has been a lot of time tracking down functions and files in that week. A wiki that shows you the functions and the file locations would be a great time saver for those who are following the same path.

1 person likes this

Soooo, it looks like people really want that :) I can import all functions we have into the Wiki. But before we stuff a lot of functions in there, we need to figure out a plan for how to organize that. We do have a special group in our forum that tags Wiki authors. I suggest that Wiki authors get their own sub forum and maybe a channel group in our Teamspeak to coordinate things.

What do you think?

1 hour ago, Eichi said:

Soooo, it looks like people really want that :) I can import all functions we have into the Wiki. But before we stuff a lot of functions in there, we need to figure out a plan for how to organize that. We do have a special group in our forum that tags Wiki authors. I suggest that Wiki authors get their own sub forum and maybe a channel group in our Teamspeak to coordinate things.

What do you think?

I vote that Mezo guy as "Wiki Manager" he seems pretty legit :)

1 person likes this

Advertisement