Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mercsn

How do I get missions running on Exile server

3 posts in this topic

Ok, I've attempted searches, but the search tool isn't very useful for anything other than one word searches and even then the results would require some other search feature or hours and hours to sift through the results.  So, instead, I turn to the community to ask a question which has probably been asked, but which search was no use in finding.

I have a shared Arma 3 Exile server that was preloaded with Arma 3.  I then installed the Exile and newest update.  This leaves me with an Altis Exile map that I can log into.  Loot is spawning.  Vehicles are spawning.  But, No missions. 

Exile.Altis.pbo is in the mpmissions folder.  I tried putting the DMS mission thingy into the @Exileservers\addons folder (A3_dms.pbo).   Do the stock Exile server files not have missions?  On every Exile server I've been on there are some variation of the same missions (Walmart riot, car dealer, mercenaries, etc, etc.).  Where do these missions come from.  How do I make missions run on the server?  Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to get missions running.

This is the command line:  mod=@Exile;@ExileServer; -ip= ipnumbers-port=portnumbers -profiles=ServerConfig -cfg=C:\servername\ServerConfig\basic.cfg -world=empty -name=ServerConfig -config=C:\servername\ServerConfig\config.cfg -autoInit

config.cpp in exile_server_config.pbo is as it came with exile.

server config file:

//
// server.cfg
//
// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

// STEAM

steamPort = steamport;
steamQueryPort = port;

// GLOBAL SETTINGS
hostname         = "servername";
password          = "pw";              // Password for joining, eg connecting to the server
passwordAdmin       = "pw";              // Password to become server admin. When you're in Arma MP and connected to the server, type '#login xyz'
reportingIP         = ""; // This is the default setting. Leave empty for private servers if you do not want your server listed publicly
verifySignatures    = 2;
BattlEye = 1; //another checkbox, default 1(checked);
requiredBuild = 134787
// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")
// It can be several lines, separated by comma
// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval

motd[] = {
    "Server hosted by serverhost",
};
motdInterval = 5;               // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES
maxPlayers = 40;  // Maximum amount of players. Civilians and watchers, beholder, bystanders and so on also count as player.

// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers = 1;    // Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.
voteThreshold  = 0.33; // 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective

// INGAME SETTINGS
disableVoN = 0;         // If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available
vonCodecQuality = 9;         // Quality from 1 to 10
persistent = 1;         // If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)
class Missions
{
class Exile
{
template = Exile.Altis;
difficulty = "ExileRegular"; // ExileRegular or ExileHardcore
};
};

kickDuplicate = 1;
equalModRequired = 0;
requiredSecureId = 2;
timeStampFormat = "short";

// SCRIPTING ISSUES
onUserConnected = ""; 
onUserDisconnected = "";
doubleIdDetected = ""; 

// SIGNATURE VERIFICATION
onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";  // unsigned data detected
onHackedData =  "kick (_this select 0)"; //"ban (_this select 0)";   // tampering of the signature detected
onDifferentData = "";

Posted (edited)

give me around 30 mins to be in front of my computer and ill help you. DMS is running on my server ;-)

Edited by marcheur

Well,

I did two things, maybe not usual, but I made it work...

Like said in the original post :

--> Put the generated PBO in your @ExileServer\addons\ directory. It should be alongside exile_server.pbo and exile_server_config.pbo

I also created a folder @a3_dms at root of the arma3 folder, an "addon" folder inside that folder, and finally put the a3_dms.pbo inside that addon folder : @a3_dms\addons\ad_dms.pbo

Finally, I added @a3_dms as a server mod startup parameter : @Exile;@ExileServer;@a3_dms;

I think that some things of it arent necessary, but still, it works very well :)

Advertisement