Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
s3v3red

[SOLVED]Resource not found? Custom resource trouble

Question

Posted (edited)

Im working on adding a custom GUI for a script. Ive looked through the GUI scripts already in place and mimicked a couple of them. The layout i chose to go with is the vehicle trader. Full screen display: List, dropdowns, and buttons on the left: vehicle stats on the right.

What ive done:

1) Mimick ExileClient_gui_vehicleTraderDialog_show (customDialog.sqf)

2) change "RscExileVehicleTraderDialog " to my own custom resource, we will call it "customResource" for this thread

3) added "customResource" to config.bin in client folder

for now, everything in "customResource" class inside config.bin is the same as the vehicle trader because its not working anyways.

so now the problem begins.

I get in game to test the progress. Go to the object i wish to call customDialog.sqf.

It call the script fine, but says Resource "customResource" not found. Still displays the background which effectively blinds the player and immobilizes them until they log out (there is no cancel button showing to close it, or any of the display for that matter besides the background which is full screen).

What I'm wondering is, is there yet another location that i need to define the resource? ive look in initplayerlocal, description, mission config...

Does the idd in config.bin need to be unique? (EDIT: im guessing no since multiple traders share one)

Edited by s3v3red

2 answers to this question

Started from scratch, went to bohemia's wiki, read up on GUI's.

Still the same error.

So I copied and pasted their exact code example, defined it in description.ext,... still the same @%$#^ error!

What is the issue that it cannot find the class?

i see now it cant be added to the config.bin, all custom GUI must be defined in the description.ext

Advertisement