papahyooie

Many players immediately disconnect

Question

Hello everyone!

I am having literally hundreds of players connect and then immediately disconnect. I'm not sure why. I have to assume it's because they don't have the correct mods loaded, but I figured I would see if anyone had any experience with this. 

This is what I see in my server_****.log:

16:52:17 ********* uses modified data file
16:52:17 BattlEye Server: Player #0 ********* (69.145.***.***:****) connected
16:52:17 Player ********* connecting.
16:52:20 BattlEye Server: Player #0 ********* - GUID: f61e****************** (unverified)
16:52:20 Player ********* connected (id=765******************).
16:52:20 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID (f61e******************) of player #0 *********
16:52:21 Player ********* disconnected.
16:52:21 BattlEye Server: Player #0 ********* disconnected

(obviously names and GUID's redacted with ****. Normally there is going to be a name or GUID or IP address there.) 

There seems to be no other evidence of them connecting in RPT logs. So I've got no idea why they're disconnecting. 

I can't imagine that this many players over several months, are connecting with the wrong mods. I can connect fine using the steam launcher, and Arma3Launcher, so I know the mods are configured correctly. Myself, my clan, even another clan can connect just fine. But I see random people trying to connect, and failing daily. 

This is driving me nuts. Anyone have any ideas? 

11 answers to this question

i would say like 50-75% of people try to join do not have right mods.

if you run a modded server this is normal issue I think

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, hieve said:

i would say like 50-75% of people try to join do not have right mods.

if you run a modded server this is normal issue I think

I would think it would indeed be normal. But 50-75%? That really sucks. I mean, my servers would be full all the time if all the people who connected actually got in. I guess it makes sense, since I had way more players when I ran a stock exile server. But still... I would think I would at least be getting plenty of people through Arma3Launcher, which would guarantee they loaded the right mods. All the mods I use are on there. But you're right, it seems nearly three quarters of the players I get are disconnected immediately. 

I guess I'm going to disable the mission.sqm requirement for "nonessential" mods like MAS, and then add a message that they need to download them. 

But shouldn't I see an error in the RPT log for someone who connects with the wrong mods? Maybe I'm crazy, I thought I remembered there being one. Is that only on the local RPT?

Edited by papahyooie

Advertisement

Do you have CBA mod, I was having the same problem it was stopping the player loading into the database.  Removed it and its all ok now.

1 person likes this

Since CUP has replaced AIATP, I thought CBA was required for CUP.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I don't have CBA installed on any of my servers. I do have AiATP installed for my Esseker server, but this is occurring on both an Altis and a Namalsk server, neither of which run CUP, AiATP, or CBA.

In fact, the only client mod that the Altis server is running is MAS weapons.

Edited by papahyooie

6 hours ago, papahyooie said:

I have to assume it's because they don't have the correct mods loaded

You are assuming correctly. Some of them might not even have Exile installed. They could be regular Arma 3 players using the in-game browser, trying to connect.

2 hours ago, Bob_the_K said:

Since CUP has replaced AIATP, I thought CBA was required for CUP.

CBA is only required for CUP Vehicles, Units and Weapons, not terrains.

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

You are assuming correctly. Some of them might not even have Exile installed. They could be regular Arma 3 players using the in-game browser, trying to connect.

I thought "regular Arma 3 Players" was a myth? Lol, I kid, I kid. 

But seriously, at least it's good to know I'm not the only one seeing it, or it's because I've got something configured incorrectly. I had assumed that's what it was, but just wanted to get others' experience as well. It's insane that THAT many players don't have the right mods. I thought 90% of regular players (i.e. those without server experience) just used Arma3Launcher. But I'm literally seeing 5-7 times as many people fail to connect as I see actually successfully connect. 

Oh well... case closed. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, papahyooie said:

I thought 90% of regular players (i.e. those without server experience) just used Arma3Launcher.

I used to use a3launcher, but since BI came out with their new Arma 3 launcher, I prefer to use that but people will cling onto a3launcher until the day Maca is fed up with the BS and he suddenly shuts it down. Those that came here from Dayz know what I'm talking about because it happened with DayZCommander. People relied on that and when it was gone, no one knew how to join servers until Maca swooped in with DayzLauncher.

2 people like this

8 hours ago, papahyooie said:

I thought "regular Arma 3 Players" was a myth? Lol, I kid, I kid. 

But seriously, at least it's good to know I'm not the only one seeing it, or it's because I've got something configured incorrectly. I had assumed that's what it was, but just wanted to get others' experience as well. It's insane that THAT many players don't have the right mods. I thought 90% of regular players (i.e. those without server experience) just used Arma3Launcher. But I'm literally seeing 5-7 times as many people fail to connect as I see actually successfully connect. 

Oh well... case closed. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Are you 100% up to date on your keys? If a mod updates and the key is not added to the server then this will happen. I go through this everytime CUP weapons/vehicles/units updates on my box and my forums get flooded with 'I CAN'T CONNECT, I'M A LEMMING'

I see random players connect and disconnect continually when I'm playing on my servers with friends. The new ARMA3 launcher from BIS makes it easy to get it right regarding the mods. Not like the old days using the command line to start the mods.

Advertisement