Hell Raiser

The fun side of admining :)

22 posts in this topic

@infistar Not really a Anti Hack issue, but not sure where to put this ....

When us admins are sat idle for too long, our mouses begin to click around in game to annoy our friends. Would thier be any possibilities to add a 'fun' category to enable us admins while 'waiting for the next call' to be able to have fun.... Have to gather some ideas, but back in Arma 2 thier was actions to drug people, etc. This was great fun. I am not quiet sure what things like this Arma 3 is capable of, but would be good to add it back in :)

What do you think, or am I just too bored and I should find another hobby? haha!

Advertisement

How about making people drunk? 

Set following variable on a player: 

Spoiler

["ExileAlcohol", 100];

1 person likes this

When us admins are sat idle for too long, our mouses begin to click around in game to annoy our friends.

Also called admin abuse and responsible for so many players being bad to admins. An admin should either play or be an admin. Nothing else. I can't imagine that even "friends" will find it funny to be set drunk and in the meanwhile shot by another player. Sorry to say that but for me this is not what an admin should do. And there should be no option for such abuse....

5 people like this

^^^^ What this guy said? why not just use the login/logout function of infi and log in to infi when needed to then logout when not? that way you can play as a regular player when not needed.

9 minutes ago, KnG.Vibe said:

^^^^ What this guy said? why not just use the login/logout function of infi and log in to infi when needed to then logout when not? that way you can play as a regular player when not needed.

That was not the question asked or answered ;)

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, Flow said:

That was not the question asked or answered ;)

I know this, I was merely pointing out another option rather then them just sat "waiting for the next call". The way he's worded this thread makes out like his only options are to annoy other players with admins tools when no one is requiring an admin or sit about doing nothing.

Why would one need to log out of the admin tools just to play the game?

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, InsertCoins said:

Why would one need to log out of the admin tools just to play the game?

100% of the time, even WITH admin tools !Admin'ed off, players will call admin abuse when killed. Here is a few gems that i have heard over the years, that have also been added to my Infistar's blocked chat words :) .

Aboose

admin abuse

nice admin

is there a non abusive admin on?

ADMIN!

Fuck this shit ass admin abuse server - * %Dead player's name% has disconnected*

Reddit posts abound after as well. I have lost more good admins to claims of cheating that i could not invalidate than i have admin applications.

I personally change names and play. Since i know i am legit and don't abuse the powers, i can comfortably play with tools on.

@[TBI] Liam may be able to substantiate my claim :).

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Hell Raiser said:

@infistar Not really a Anti Hack issue, but not sure where to put this ....

When us admins are sat idle for too long, our mouses begin to click around in game to annoy our friends. Would thier be any possibilities to add a 'fun' category to enable us admins while 'waiting for the next call' to be able to have fun.... Have to gather some ideas, but back in Arma 2 thier was actions to drug people, etc. This was great fun. I am not quiet sure what things like this Arma 3 is capable of, but would be good to add it back in :)

What do you think, or am I just too bored and I should find another hobby? haha!

Hold admin events. Make your players like you and not report every other servers admin's for abuse.

Free time means event time. Littlebird wars, Hunt the admin (since you want to play), lots of things.

1 person likes this

Advertisement