JustAnotherBro

Looking for Server Staff

7 posts in this topic

So me and some friends without any real prior knowledge of how to actually run a server purchased a small 50 slot server (high cpu blah blah blah all that jazz) now were looking for some knowledgeable people to basically have the keys to the kingdom, basically free to do whatever they like as long as they help out.

overall dream for this server is something casual laid back and just fun im not spending anything crazy on this server so what you like, but any help would be amazing contact me on here or chrisappleton@live.ca

i'd even be willing to pay someone $100 out of my own pocket to there paypal if they could help me set this server up 

Advertisement

So you bought a server without having any knowledge on how to actually develop one?

I see this all the time on Altis Life Forums and no offence to you but it's crap like this that, in my eyes, kills a community.

If you want to host a server learn the Arma way of coding, learn to develop and create, make your server something unique and not like any other. Because all you'll get if you pay someone to do it for you is another out of the box server the same as the majority that are already up.

Thanks for the Pep Talk Sir! and i totally understand what your saying but i dont have a ton of time on my hands but i do have money and the fact i love arma wanted to make a home for me and my friends. 

But hey if im ruining the EXILE community by your standard of opinion, then hey maybe i should just move on to some different forums.

Thanks for your Help

Bro,

While I somewhat agree with Vibe's comments, I'm going to take a different approach. Your best bet is to surf the forums and see what scripts/addons are available. This will give you a better idea of which ones are popular, up to date, and perhaps might motivate you to give "scripting" a shot. Figure out what you want and go from there. There is nothing wrong with asking for help....that's why the forums are here. Just don't be so quick to throw out the $$$, at least in a post (don't get me wrong, I like to make the $ too.) I assume you have limited time on your hands and want things setup right away....as some do, which is totally understandable. Not everyone is a developer, and really most of us aren't. I mean, I have a knack for ripping apart code and making scripts better, to suit my needs. I have been doing this for a very long time now so I feel comfortable working with mods and creating very simple scripts. You don't have to be ace like Maca, IT07, DS, Face, and many others, but you kinda need to have the drive to learn some stuff, especially if there is ever a mod update or something that needs fixing. Nothing worse than having a busted server, especially when you don't have a clue on how to fix it. With that, I'll shoot you an email and if you have a Teamspeak server we can discuss some options. If you don't have access to TS, you can hop on mine. I don't want $ for any help I provide as I really enjoy messing with this stuff.

1 person likes this

Hey man, Wow 360 turn around from the one poster (cough wont name anyone) but thanks for not being an asshat and being extremely friendly.

Well my "friend" you hit the nail on the head, im not totally useless or helpless i know some what im doing in a sense but like you said i want things to be smooth and headacheless. i work a full time job and have a life so yeah as you priorly said im looking for someone to help out, obv did not post that i was willing to pay someone willing mind you obv was a choice i thought would inspire some people to help me as i know time isnt free.

So thank you contact me chrisappleton@live.ca

ill get in touch

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Heavy said:

Bro,

While I somewhat agree with Vibe's comments, I'm going to take a different approach. Your best bet is to surf the forums and see what scripts/addons are available. This will give you a better idea of which ones are popular, up to date, and perhaps might motivate you to give "scripting" a shot. Figure out what you want and go from there. There is nothing wrong with asking for help....that's why the forums are here. Just don't be so quick to throw out the $$$, at least in a post (don't get me wrong, I like to make the $ too.) I assume you have limited time on your hands and want things setup right away....as some do, which is totally understandable. Not everyone is a developer, and really most of us aren't. I mean, I have a knack for ripping apart code and making scripts better, to suit my needs. I have been doing this for a very long time now so I feel comfortable working with mods and creating very simple scripts. You don't have to be ace like Maca, IT07, DS, Face, and many others, but you kinda need to have the drive to learn some stuff, especially if there is ever a mod update or something that needs fixing. Nothing worse than having a busted server, especially when you don't have a clue on how to fix it. With that, I'll shoot you an email and if you have a Teamspeak server we can discuss some options. If you don't have access to TS, you can hop on mine. I don't want $ for any help I provide as I really enjoy messing with this stuff.

Nice reply to a simple question! Like it.

As said above, the forums are here and knowledge is here. I totaly understand where you are coming from though, starting a server and running a server is 2 very different things, lots of people want to run a server and keep it going, but setting up is time consuming which some people dont have the time or patients for.

Good luck with the server and if you need a hand...Well, its what we are here for haha :)

1 person likes this

Advertisement