Hezrou

New server set up

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi all.

My friends and I have just got a new server through gaming delux. Yesterday we kind of through some mods at it (A3XAI, DMS and Helicrash). DMS and Helicrash worked but got nothing from A3XAI. Removed Helicrash as it wasn't what we thought it was. Spent a day now trying to get Roaming AI working and came to the conclusion to start fresh. This time we put DMS on first and got this message.

We have created you a new command line if you have other mods installed add @a3_dms to -servermod= -serverMod=@ExileServer;@a3_dms
OK

I am new to this whole thing and have resisted coming on here to ask what this means but searches got me no where.

Is this something that was missing the first time to make A3XAI work? Any help would be much appriciated.

Hez

Edited by Hezrou
add tags

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Hezrou said:

Hi all.

My friends and I have just got a new server through gaming delux. Yesterday we kind of through some mods at it (A3XAI, DMS and Helicrash). DMS and Helicrash worked but got nothing from A3XAI. Removed Helicrash as it wasn't what we thought it was. Spent a day now trying to get Roaming AI working and came to the conclusion to start fresh. This time we put DMS on first and got this message.

We have created you a new command line if you have other mods installed add @a3_dms to -servermod= -serverMod=@ExileServer;@a3_dms
OK

I am new to this whole thing and have resisted coming on here to ask what this means but searches got me no where.

Is this something that was missing the first time to make A3XAI work? Any help would be much appriciated.

Hez

Put the a3_dms pbo into your addons folder from ExileServer as it will load automatically.

A3XAI needs to be uploaded to the root of your server, and add @A3XAI to your server start parameters.

You can also use @second_coming 's exile occupation for DMS as I find it much better than A3XAI random spawns.

Cant get a link right now kinda busy if I get ahold of it will post it here 

Edit: 

Edited by FragZ

Advertisement

Gaming Deluxe is a very touchy beast at the best of times, their control panel is very handy however, the way they set everything to work is very haphazard and against the normal run of operations....So the only information I can give to someone willing to learn through their own mistakes is ' Persistence is a wonderful trait, however make sure you make lots of copies of everything...Backup...Backup...Backup'

oh and Good Luck.

Best advice I would give is stay away from the one click installs most server hosts provide. It is a great feature, but you dont know where you are after you click install. Best bet is do it all yourself (Search on forums for DMS or A3XAI to get full install instructions).

Any issues, drop me a PM and I can go on teamspeak with you and walk you through it, I have alot of experience with Gaming Deluxe, still use them to this day for my servers.

18 hours ago, Hezrou said:

Hi all.

OK

Hez

I've had nothing but trouble with gaming deluxes installs for DMS, Heli crash & A3XAI. Im pretty sure mainly its due to my configs being pretty modified before trying their installs, but it does seem to be a bit patchy. I manually install DMS & A3XAI instead and it works great. I recommend you go down that route, especially if you're running other mods as well (@NATO_Rus_weapons, vehicles etc) their method of installing these mods does not play well unless its a clean install and you load them first, thats worked for me but I didnt want to re-edit all my files.

The manual installs are pretty easy to get going (If I can do it anyone can lol) if you would like a hand I can give you some pointers

Thanks for the replies. Managed to get both DMS and A3XAI working together now. 

1 person likes this

Guys I have a question about CBA and Cup. In our options for mods on the server there is CBA v2.2.0151130 and v2.3.1.160220. When we click on either of these it says that they are not compatible with Exile Mod Base. Am I right in assuming the CBA is required for Cup as we can install CUP.

Advertisement