MinkiSan

Frustrated to the point of quitting

11 posts in this topic

Hey all, 

I am so frustrated with my server I am at the point of quitting and moving to something else because I just cannot get the server to run with the mods I want. At the moment I have reverted back to Exile with Cup weapons and vehicles and even now I cannot log into my own server without getting kicked. 

I have read, followed guides, read, asked questions, read, tested, read, rebuilt my server 4 times, read and nothing seems to go right, I have even read. I do not know if it's my host or something else but all I want to do is run an Exile server with infiSTAR, more weapons and vehicles than standard, have those items in the traders, advanced banking for the gameplay element, the status bar for the cool look, Defents mission system for loot (with the added items from the weapon mods added) and in the future maybe even add a few custom spawns or even build an additional trader city or have a police force or something else really cool and different.  

What I have managed to do is break the server at every try. I really feel like I followed guides to the letter, I have asked creators of some of the add ons to check my server, two of them checked what I did and I got it right so I installed correctly but, the mod wasn't working which means something else I did made it go wrong.  

I was happy enough to think of this first months server fee as the cost of learning to do things but right now, feeling that I understand how mods work and how Exile runs but still not being able to play on my own server the way I want and actually getting kicked because of something not working properly I feel truly disheartened. 

I feel that I have met some very cool and helpful people on here so I wonder is there anyone out there who can solve this problem for me. Wasti was helping but has some stuff to sort out and I just cannot understand what I am doing wrong and have a feeling that I could have picked the worst host for a noob but I am not sure if it's the host, me, the mods I want to work together or something else or a combination of those things. 

If you think you can add the things above to my server and make them work, even if you have to wipe and start again then please let me know and I will be eternally grateful. I don't really have any money, I am a disabled gamer who does YouTube to feel like I have something to do but I have a group of mates who play along with me, a Website that gets a decent amount of traffic, 111 Twitch followers, 170 twitter followers and 566 Subscribers that I can tell about your server/servers which could be worth something to someone. I will be promoting Wastis server and my own through these means but there are more than enough people there if only 10% came and gave it a try. 

Thanks for looking. 

Let me know and I will send you my server log in details and if possible would just like this stuff to work asap so I can go back to making YouTube content. Also if there is anything else you think would be cool to add to the server and want to because you want to play on it then please let me know. 

Thanks 

MinkiSan

hey Minkisan,

Sounds like you are getting kicked for common issues.  Post your RPT logs here if you can on the forum so server admins like myself can help you out.    I'll be more than happy to look at them.  You can PM me if that is better for you,  although RPT logs do not show any personal information, or giving up any special coding, so you should feel safe posting here. 

Advertisement

Hi,

if you have a Linux Dedicated i can help you :monkey:

greetz Hoschi

@MinkiSan msg me will help out and show you whatever you are having troubles with, no expert on some things but I have built several servers over the last 17 years including multiple Arma/Epoch/Exile.

will do what I can

4 minutes ago, C][G GhostTown™ said:

If @red_ned is unable to help than shoot me a pm!

I am sure I have been through them my self.

Cheers @C][G GhostTown™ I have managed to get everything working apart from The easy trader set up which I am sure red can do with his eyes closed and Advanced banking. I was having a desperate moment but once I had calmed down and looked at the problem of everything else I solved the issue and got it sorted. I am still stuck with those two things though. 

4 minutes ago, MinkiSan said:

Cheers @C][G GhostTown™ I have managed to get everything working apart from The easy trader set up which I am sure red can do with his eyes closed and Advanced banking. I was having a desperate moment but once I had calmed down and looked at the problem of everything else I solved the issue and got it sorted. I am still stuck with those two things though. 

I have been there my self and gone through it.

It's frustrating especially when you look through 4000lines of code and notice you forgot a ; somewhere.

Hope you get everything working! :)

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, C][G GhostTown™ said:

I have been there my self and gone through it.

It's frustrating especially when you look through 4000lines of code and notice you forgot a ; somewhere.

Hope you get everything working! :)

think we all have been there!

always make sure that you go to appdata\local\arma 3 

and delete the cache files, when you are testing/connecting to your server. especially if your using -autoinit in your startup of the server.

what i found is if you do not do this, the server will kick you due to mismatch mission file. Depending on your server settings in the config.cfg like

equalModRequired                = 0;
onUnsignedData                    = "kick (_this select 0)";    
onHackedData                       = "kick (_this select 0)";
onDifferentData                    = "kick (_this select 0)";
allowedFilePatching              = 0;
requiredSecureId                   = 1;
verifySignatures                     = 2;

Advertisement