Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goblin

Exile and Safes

13 posts in this topic

I have to ask , Why are Safes in Exile ? They only serve as a hording tool . If players truly want a challenge , and a game that's closer to a survival mod , I say lose the Safes . It makes base raiding worthwhile as well .

Go back to hiding a car in the bush and horde that way , It might not be there when you return , just like real life .

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Goblin said:

I have to ask , Why are Safes in Exile ? They only serve as a hording tool . If players truly want a challenge , and a game that's closer to a survival mod , I say lose the Safes . It makes base raiding worthwhile as well .

Go back to hiding a car in the bush and horde that way , It might not be there when you return , just like real life .

If you don't like safes why don't you just remove them?
I find that safes can be useful and have their place in this mod. If you want challenge with safes, just make it so people can hack them like EXO did.

Makes sense too since this mod is about inmates.

1 person likes this

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

In my opinion it should be up to the server owner to either change safe mechanics or completely remove safes. At the end of the day ArmA III is just a game, Exile is just a mod. Safes outside territories already have been made absolutely useless because of the Abandoned Safe event.

People should be able to save their gear without having to be on edge 24-7 because an offline raider could steal everything at any given time, especially if you take into consideration that it is so easy to glitch through pretty much anything. People should also be able to choose, so host a "Super-hardcore-survival" server, or search for one, instead of trying to force your preferred play style on everyone.

Edited by Brady_The

5 minutes ago, Brady_The said:

In my opinion it should be up to the server owner to either change safe mechanics or completely remove safes. At the end of the day ArmA III is just a game, Exile is just a mod. Safes outside territories already have been made absolutely useless because of the Abandoned Safe event.

People should be able to save their gear without having to be on edge 24-7 because an offline raider could steal everything at any given time, especially if you take into consideration that it is so easy to glitch through pretty much anything. People should also be able to choose, so host a "Super-hardcore-survival" server, or search for one, instead of trying to force your preferred play style on everyone.

Exactly.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, FragZ said:

If you don't like safes why don't you just remove them?
I find that safes can be useful and have their place in this mod. If you want challenge with safes, just make it so people can hack them like EXO did.

Makes sense too since this mod is about inmates.

You missed the point , if you're competent at coding  Arma , you can add or remove whatever you like > I was just wondering , considering the story line :

''It is the year 2039. After the resource depleting conflict in Greece, Europe suffers from a new deflation crisis, leading the crime rate to a new peak in history. Members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization Security Council are forced to react. Being a desperate alternative to overcrowded and prohibitive prisons, offenders are now being sent to EXILE."

Why would "prisoners" have access to Safes ?

If you hadn't noticed , there has been a small conversation considering the direction of Exile , or Lack There Of .

Edited by Goblin

4 minutes ago, Goblin said:

You missed the point , if you're competent at coding  Arma , you can add or remove whatever you like > I was just wondering , considering the story line :

''It is the year 2039. After the resource depleting conflict in Greece, Europe suffers from a new deflation crisis, leading the crime rate to a new peak in history. Members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization Security Council are forced to react. Being a desperate alternative to overcrowded and prohibitive prisons, offenders are now being sent to EXILE."

Why would "prisoners" have access to Safes ?

Black market, loot it, name it. They can use it to store the stuff they stole ;)

2 hours ago, Goblin said:

You could try desolation!

4 minutes ago, Sgt Smash said:

You could try desolation!

By suggesting players leave , you don't help the population !

5 minutes ago, Goblin said:

By suggesting players leave , you don't help the population !

im telling you not everybody! and there is a ton of players to go round. but if you want a mod were you cant lock anything then it is a good option.

All points above, taking leisure of 'In my opinion', are valid and agreeable with exception to preferred play style being forced. At least, not the impression I got at a quick glance and more formal read through after said comment. Unless ones opinion should carry more weight on an informal forum over another's? 

Universally understanding we are discussing a 'game', one should expect to lose their possessions if they are not secured and properly squirreled away. To me, that's a solid mechanic and well thought out especially in this type of environment. Granted, not for everyone however that's covered with being able to host a server. I'd wager the interest is there so go with it if able. If nothing else, you won't have to deal with the faint of heart and should be running with a more dedicated crowd with said dedication being to the mechanics and not the game. If we're here, dedication to the game/mod is understood.

Advertisement