Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tobias Solem

Handling damage and kill reasons

3 posts in this topic

Hey!

First of all I would like to start with that it would be nice to have an array of ammunition with likelyhood to cause bleeding, and pain that us admins could set from _sourceDamage, for example:

case "B_338_Ball":
        {
            _causeBleedFactor = 0.8;
            _causePainFactor = 0.5;
        };

These would then, for example affect whether a bullet caused bleeding, and pain, and for example, the player could faint from the pain. A full metal jacket for example has a lower chance of causing severe bleeding, and a lower chance of causing large amounts of pain, so self-bandage would work. But a group of shotgun pellets or a bullet that "flakes out" would have a bigger chance of bleeding and pain.

Pain would then be handled by causing a chance of fainting (think getting struck by a zombie in DayZ) and bleeding, making it so another player has to help out with bandaging. This mechanic could then also be used by other scripts (like TornZ, or such).

It would also be nice to have more "reasons" for player deaths, like so:

"Player Fell to his death"
"Player's car exploded with him"
"Player bled to death"
"Player was killed"

I am also a big fan of NOT telling everyone who killed who, it's an information source that I would like NOT to be seen. I would also like for there to be a delay after you shoot someone so there's a kill message, but you're not really sure if you managed to kill the target. Like:

alt 1) 

You have a firefight, you hit the target. (And he really dies) but nothing happens immediately. After random 10 seconds, a message appears: "John was killed. " and if anyone wants to find out who killed John, they would have to study/identify the body. 

alt 2)

You have a firefight, you hit the target. (And he really dies) but nothing happens at all (no kill messages whatsoever) - if you want poptabs/respect for the kill you have to walk up to the corpse and identify it. To find out who killed you would require you to find your body, identify it and it would display the killer and add the possibility to add a bounty on their head.

2 people like this

It would be nice to have the option to toggle kill messages in this way.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0