Ton_41

How to antisuicide in server

Question

In  Namalsk Map  most player if them die they most to suicide to back  last area. How to close suicide.

13 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

I've overwritten and use ExileClientPlayerIsBambi in the ExileClient_gui_escape_suicide.sqf as a quantifier whether the player can suicide or not. Here's an if-statement with an exitWith to get you started:

if (ExileClientPlayerIsBambi) exitWith {

titleText ["You are too young to die", "PLAIN",1];

};

Edited by Tobias Solem
2 people like this

1 hour ago, Tobias Solem said:

I've overwritten and use ExileClientPlayerIsBambi in the ExileClient_gui_escape_suicide.sqf as a quantifier whether the player can suicide or not. Here's an if-statement with an exitWith to get you started:

titleText ["You are too young to die", "PLAIN",1];

};

Could this be worked in the same way but with a time alive restriction or X amount of suicides in Y amount of time restriction? I find on my server, players suicide over and over to farm cars around spawn areas and I've not found a suitable way to stop them.

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, kuplion said:

Could this be worked in the same way but with a time alive restriction or X amount of suicides in Y amount of time restriction? I find on my server, players suicide over and over to farm cars around spawn areas and I've not found a suitable way to stop them.

Certainly. 

I'm not a coder, or skilled at coding but you could try doing a global variable somewhere and add to it when the player committed suicide, like _suicideTimes++ and then have a check for it in the suicide-overwrite, like  if (_suicideTimes > 5) exitwith {  - where 5 would be the max amount of times they could suicide during a server restart.

Edited by Tobias Solem
Well, "would have to" sounds like I know shit xD
2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Tobias Solem said:

Certainly. 

I'm not a coder, or skilled at coding but you would have to do a global variable somewhere and add to it when the player committed suicide, like _suicideTimes++ and then have a check for it in the suicide-overwrite, like  if (_suicideTimes > 5) exitwith {  - where 5 would be the max amount of times they could suicide during a server restart.

Wouldn't that be neglected the moment they log out and back in?

10 minutes ago, InsertCoins said:

Wouldn't that be neglected the moment they log out and back in?

Good question. Someone who actually is proficient with this will surely answer this :)

Isint this in the wrong section? Lol 

But I believe there is a way to disable that option, but they will find other ways to suicide...

1 hour ago, Tobias Solem said:

Certainly. 

I'm not a coder, or skilled at coding but you could try doing a global variable somewhere and add to it when the player committed suicide, like _suicideTimes++ and then have a check for it in the suicide-overwrite, like  if (_suicideTimes > 5) exitwith {  - where 5 would be the max amount of times they could suicide during a server restart.

Thank you, dude. I'll have a play on my test server and see what I can come up with.

Posted (edited)

If you simply wish to disable the option all together, use this:

Spoiler

ExileClient_gui_escape_suicide.sqf

/**
 * ExileClient_gui_escape_suicide
 * Exile Mod
 * www.exilemod.com
 * © 2015 Exile Mod Team
 * This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. 
 * To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/.
 */

_sorry = format ["Sorry %1, the suicide option is disabled.", name player];
["whoops", [_sorry]] call ExileClient_gui_notification_event_addNotification;
true

To prevent bambis from having the option use this:

Spoiler

/**
 * Exile Mod
 * www.exilemod.com
 * © 2015 Exile Mod Team
 * This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. 
 * To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/.
 */

_nahBruh = format ["Start running %1, you're not getting off that easily!", name player];
	["whoops", [_nahBruh]] call ExileClient_gui_notification_event_addNotification;
}; 
private["_result","_display"];
disableSerialization;
_result = ["Do you really want to end your life?", "Confirm", "Yes", "Nah"] call BIS_fnc_guiMessage;
waitUntil { !isNil "_result" };
if (_result) then
{
	_display = findDisplay 49;
	if !(isNull _display) then
	{
		_display closeDisplay 2; 
	};
	player allowDamage true;
	player setDamage 1;
};
true

Bare with me on this last one, I am learning as I go here lol. After my ISP gave me a free "upgrade" I have had trouble getting my ports to forward again, so I'm the only one who can get on my test server. I have tested this as working with just me on the server. I am literally brand new to setting/getting variables. What I am not sure of, is if this variable is being shared between all clients, or only the client dying/ trying to commit suicide. But if you care to test it and let me know if it works properly or not, here it is.

Edit: Got my port issues resolved. Tested and working.

To set a certain time period in which a player cannot commit suicide after death overwrite these 2 files:

Spoiler

/**
 * Exile Mod
 * www.exilemod.com
 * © 2015 Exile Mod Team
 */
_canSuicide = missionNamespace getVariable "suicideCountDown";
_difference = _canSuicide - time;
if (time < _canSuicide) exitWith {
	_display closeDisplay 2;
	_nahBruh = format ["Sorry %1, you must wait at least %2 seconds before you can commit suicide!", name player, floor _difference];
};
private["_result","_display"];
disableSerialization;
_result = ["Do you really want to end your life?", "Confirm", "Yes", "Nah"] call BIS_fnc_guiMessage;
waitUntil { !isNil "_result" };
if (_result) then
{
	if !(isNull _display) then
	{
		_display closeDisplay 2; 
	};
	player allowDamage true;
	player setDamage 1;
};
true

and

Spoiler

ExileClient_object_player_event_onKilled.sqf

/**
 * ExileClient_object_player_event_onKilled
 * Exile Mod
 * www.exilemod.com
 * © 2015 Exile Mod Team
 */

closeDialog 0;
ExileClientLastDiedPlayerObject = player;
ExileClientIsAutoRunning = false;
if !((vehicle player) isEqualTo player) then
{
	unassignVehicle player; 
	player action ["GetOut", vehicle player]; 
	player action ["Eject", vehicle player];
};
setGroupIconsVisible [false, false];
false call ExileClient_gui_hud_toggle;
[] call ExileClient_object_player_event_unhook;
if !(ExileClientLastDeathMarker isEqualTo "") then 
{
	deleteMarkerLocal ExileClientLastDeathMarker;
};
ExileClientLastDeathMarker = createMarkerLocal [format ["Death%1", time], getPos player];
ExileClientLastDeathMarker setMarkerShapeLocal "ICON";
ExileClientLastDeathMarker setMarkerTypeLocal "KIA";
ExileClientLastDeathMarker setMarkerColorLocal "ColorRed";
ExileClientLastDeathMarker setMarkerAlphaLocal 0.5;
if (ExileClientIsInBush) then 
{
	call ExileClient_object_bush_detach;
};
if !(ExileClientBreakFreeActionHandle isEqualTo -1) then 
{
	player removeAction ExileClientBreakFreeActionHandle;
	ExileClientBreakFreeActionHandle = -1;
};
ExileClientIsHandcuffed = false;
ExileClientHostageTaker = objNull;
_hold = 300;															// Time in seconds for player to wait. Default 300 (5min)
canSuicide = time + _hold;         
missionNamespace setVariable ["suicideCountDown", canSuicide];
[] call ExileClient_system_breathing_event_onPlayerDied;
[] call ExileClient_system_snow_event_onPlayerDied;
[] call ExileClient_system_radiation_event_onPlayerDied;

You can define how long they have to wait after death in ExileClient_object_player_event_onKilled.sqf  (Default is 5 min)

Updated: Got rid of the sloppy decimals on timer and made it close the esc dialog. (ExileClient_gui_escape_suicide.sqf for timed method)

Hope this helps =D

Edited by oSoDirty
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

@kuplion no problem, I have made a small change to the timed method inside the file ExileClient_gui_escape_suicide.sqf. Gets rid of numbers after decimal and closes the esc dialog.

Original answer updated for those who have not used it already as well.

Change 

_nahBruh = format ["Sorry %1, you must wait at least %2 seconds before you can commit suicide!", name player, _difference];
};

to

_display closeDisplay 2;
	_nahBruh = format ["Sorry %1, you must wait at least %2 seconds before you can commit suicide!", name player, floor _difference];
};

Edited by oSoDirty
1 person likes this

Advertisement