#2 " "", "call SA_Pickup_Tow_Ropes_Action_Check"];

player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {
player setVariable ["SA_Tow_Actions_Loaded""

#2 "isNormal)then
				{
					(findDisplay 46) displayRemoveAllEventHandlers 'KeyDown';
				};
				(findDisplay 46) displayRemoveAllE"

These two haunt my dreams like a bad nightmare, I've created numerous exceptions for them, yet they do not work.

What I've tried for the first:

!=" \"\", \"call SA_Pickup_Tow_Ropes_Action_Check\"];\n\nplayer addEventHandler [\"Respawn\", {\nplayer setVariable [\"SA_Tow_Actions_Loaded\""
!="player addEventHandler [\"Respawn\","
!="addEventHandler [\"Respawn"
!="addEventHandler [\"Respawn\""
!"Respawn"

For the second:

!="isNormal)then\n				{\n					(findDisplay 46) displayRemoveAllEventHandlers 'KeyDown';\n				};\n				(findDisplay 46) displayRemoveAllE"
!="isNormal)then\n{\n(findDisplay 46) displayRemoveAllEventHandlers 'KeyDown';\n};\n(findDisplay 46) displayRemoveAllE"
!="(findDisplay 46) displayRemoveAllEventHandlers 'KeyDown';"
!"KeyDown"

None of which worked. These two pesky bastards are a bitch to test as ARMA freezes every time I get kicked for it, so testing the exceptions really put me in a headache. Does anyone have the exceptions (that work) for these two? Would very much appreciate it. Thank you.

Edited by Tobias Solem

Seriously? No one has found a good exception for these? One is for Advanced Towing and the other, I actually do not know.

Advertisement
2 hours ago, Tobias Solem said:

Seriously? No one has found a good exception for these? One is for Advanced Towing and the other, I actually do not know.

the only thing I can tell you is that !"" doesn't work in scripts but I seem to remember you can use \"" as a wildcard and as always make sure no white space has been taken out or added by mistake as even the most experienced of us can make basic errors when annoyed with yet more BE kicks.

1 person likes this

Yeah, I've been trying to do these two exceptions in several different ways, but can't seem to be able to get them.

I can only quote what I normally would:

line 4

!=" \"\", \"call SA_Pickup_Tow_Ropes_Action_Check\"];\n\nplayer addEventHandler [\"Respawn\", {\nplayer setVariable [\"SA_Tow_Actions_Loaded\""

!="isNormal)then\n {\n (findDisplay 46) displayRemoveAllEventHandlers 'KeyDown';\n };\n (findDisplay 46) displayRemoveAllE"

On 31/03/2016 at 6:53 PM, Tobias Solem said:

#2 " "", "call SA_Pickup_Tow_Ropes_Action_Check"];

player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {
player setVariable ["SA_Tow_Actions_Loaded""

#2 "isNormal)then
				{
					(findDisplay 46) displayRemoveAllEventHandlers 'KeyDown';
				};
				(findDisplay 46) displayRemoveAllE"

These two haunt my dreams like a bad nightmare, I've created numerous exceptions for them, yet they do not work.

What I've tried for the first:

!="player addEventHandler [\"Respawn\","

!="addEventHandler [\"Respawn"

!="addEventHandler [\"Respawn\""

!"Respawn"

For the second:

!="isNormal)then\n				{\n					(findDisplay 46) displayRemoveAllEventHandlers 'KeyDown';\n				};\n				(findDisplay 46) displayRemoveAllE"

!="isNormal)then\n{\n(findDisplay 46) displayRemoveAllEventHandlers 'KeyDown';\n};\n(findDisplay 46) displayRemoveAllE"

!="(findDisplay 46) displayRemoveAllEventHandlers 'KeyDown';"

!"KeyDown"

None of which worked. These two pesky bastards are a bitch to test as ARMA freezes every time I get kicked for it, so testing the exceptions really put me in a headache. Does anyone have the exceptions (that work) for these two? Would very much appreciate it. Thank you.

Pastebin the Log File with the error in it, the forums messes with the format slightly

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Tobias Solem said:

Thanks for helping Jamie, here's the pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/U4apkm84

!=" forEach [driver _v, gunner _v, commander _v];\n};\n \n \n_v addEventHandler [\"SeatSwitched\", {\nparams [\"_v\",\"_u1\",\"_u2\"];\n{\nif ([_v"
!=isNormal)then\n                {\n                    (findDisplay 46) displayRemoveAllEventHandlers 'KeyDown';\n                };\n                (findDisplay 46) displayRemoveAllE"
!=his select 4)))exitWith{};\n        'heartbeat' addPublicVariableEventHandler {};\n        admin_d0 = {[_this,0] call admin_d0_MASTER;};\n        adm"
!=" \"\", \"call SA_Pickup_Tow_Ropes_Action_Check\"];\n \nplayer addEventHandler [\"Respawn\", {\nplayer setVariable [\"SA_Tow_Actions_Loaded\""
!="elect 1);\nrhs_acog_pos=[-0.03,0.14,0.1];\n \n_id = addMissionEventHandler [\"Draw3D\",\n{\n \n_p=(call rhsusf_fnc_findPlayer);\n \nrhs_acog_"

All on Line 4 of scripts.txt

Any issues, let me know but paste them exactly as they are above. Don't remove any spacing 

Hey @Jamie

So guess what? Those lines did not work either. And they looked pretty much exactly like mine.

BUT! When I moved the four filters there to the beginning of 7 eventHandler instead of at the end, everything worked. Astonishing.

6 hours ago, Tobias Solem said:

Hey @Jamie

So guess what? Those lines did not work either. And they looked pretty much exactly like mine.

BUT! When I moved the four filters there to the beginning of 7 eventHandler instead of at the end, everything worked. Astonishing.

when that happened to me I noticed that I had broken one of the rules in the line so it stopped processing the rest of the line, I missed out an end quote on one of the rules, worth going through the line to check its not broken somewhere as it kept rearing its head for weeks until I found mine

1 person likes this

Advertisement