Havoc302

Gangs, drugs, pros & territorial control - End game stuff

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I would like to suggest some end-game type content. Following on with the prison theme I think that permanent gangs should be able to be created. Members of a gang should be able to place down a flag (control point - these flags wouldn't cost anywhere near as much as a normal base though) on the map (within a certain distance of a gang base - like 1K or something ) which claims an area of territory for that gang and gives them extra resources, such as maybe at each control point they get a fixed amount of tabs based on the amount of buildings within the controlled area or simply based on land area covered. The control points would also be limited in how many building objects they can have around them, like maybe as small as 20 or 30 to make them hard to secure. Other gangs wouldn't be able to put down a control point flag within X distance of another gangs control point, meaning eventually the map would be all controlled and prompting gang level warfare. I was thinking of some sort of XM8 app to "triangulate" where a control point was if you were inside a control zone too, marking it on the map for you for a short time.

Edited by Havoc302
1 person likes this

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

This idea makes me think of the movie Escape from Absolom

Edited by InsertCoins
1 person likes this

TBH we're also sorely missing drugs, drug making resources around the map like plantations and processing facilities, we're missing prostitution, arms dealers that come to the island to sell their wares and tattoos, like gang tattoos, when they put in the gang system they really need to make it that there's a selection of gang tats you can pick from and once it's taken by a gang nobody else can use it. Then have them applied to players models like on their face or something. It's not feeling very prison like yet.

Territorial gang control could easily be tied into this, NPC drug dealers, prostitutes and processing facilities could totally be setup by gang leaders along with AI protection for those places. Leaving the players to play the gangs heavy hitters and reap the profits from such enterprises. Having limited locations on a map that you can do these in would also make them targets for other gangs. Like brothels only in certain building classes, processing facilities only in certain building classes and so on. There's a lot more scope and possibility available here. Make it all cost money to run too of course. Make the drugs an essential thing for all players to take and hard to get, either having to knock it up themselves or deal with other players to get them, driving gang trading. If you can add psychological components you can have that only dealt with by seeing a pro, turning that into yet another industry to control. This is what real gangs do. If you pay protection (through your XM8) to said gang you can go to their drug facilities and buy drugs or to their brothels and make yourself not crazy. The longer you go without getting drugs and seeing a pro the more you start to go nuts. Your aim suffers, you shiver more and more often, you can't run as far without fatigue, can't carry as much. All things that are capable within ARMA.

Well the drugs part is in the works, read his and my reply

Whilst I love player mods I'd really love to see this as a complete solution integrated into the core mod so it's a part of the whole. 

Whilst I love player mods I'd really love to see this as a complete solution integrated into the core mod so it's a part of the whole. 

Sounds like something we'd call "Exile Life"... 

1 person likes this

That'd be role playing, we don't need that to have these end game things. All the things I've suggested above will only increase the playability of the mod or are we just going to watch it go the way of Epoch? Slow development times so people get bored with the limited existing play and move onto new games. Why do you all think there's almost more servers than players. 

Unless some end game type, high profile play is added soon this mod will end up like every other ARMA 3 persistent world mod. Dead. 

Advertisement