W4lly

Again about Taviana

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Taviana is not a map that I love to use because of too many bugs, but you can ask some questions about Martin decision became normal ....

As everyone knows Martin did remove tavianaa3 at all....... not only by a3launcher and from arma3taviana site but also by desolation mod ...
The March 25 is registered a new domain with the name .BID a3taviana where it is available again download and install version 4.1 .. http://www.whois.com/whois/a3taviana.bid ....

Why register a commercial domain buyer seller type for a free item?

Who is the registrant?

Perhaps cuz originsmod is at the end in a2 and think to take her to a3?

Why Martin has not asked right away when it was published on arma3taviana and a3launcher to remove the download

He waited for all the communities he used ...to give a blow to all other  mods and facilitate the arrival of origins in a3?

exile were not affected because devs has worked well on Namalsk  ...and therefore this argument can not be of interest .. is just out of curiosity ...

Edited by W4lly

It was already confirmed that an A3 port of Taviana is going to be used for a new mod. My only guess is that he is licensing the map to the mod and giving them exclusive access to it (just like he did for Origins in A2). Time will tell :)

1 person likes this

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

It comes down to the fact that Origins is a closed source mod so anything made for it is included.. Tav map.

Martin doesn't do anything for free for the community. Give up on Tav and go play other maps that map makers are welcoming free open source mods to use.

There are many to choose from.

Origins mod is miles behind everyone else.. By the time they get on A3,  A4 will be out. lol

He will probably charge any mod that wants to use that map a rental fee to suck continual revenue out of them is my guess which in the end will let it sit and collect dust.

Namalsk is ok and the Exile team did some great work on it.  I'm not a big fan of the map as it lacks color and is a bit limiting on variations. It has it's chopped up wood forest and snowy peaks and that's about it.

I do look forward to them continueing that sort of work on another map.. I feel Napf would be a hit for Exile and it would be epic if they made a few variations of the map to reflect season like summer/winter/spring/fall with weather changes in those seasons.

Regardless the Exile team is doing great work and I appreciate every second they put into the mod!

My 2 bitts.

Edited by Brez
2 people like this

On 4/1/2016 at 2:28 AM, W4lly said:
Taviana is not a map that I love to use because of too many bugs, but you can ask some questions about Martin decision became normal ....

As everyone knows Martin did remove tavianaa3 at all....... not only by a3launcher and from arma3taviana site but also by desolation mod ...
The March 25 is registered a new domain with the name .BID a3taviana where it is available again download and install version 4.1 .. http://www.whois.com/whois/a3taviana.bid ....

Why register a commercial domain buyer seller type for a free item?

Who is the registrant?

Perhaps cuz originsmod is at the end in a2 and think to take her to a3?

Why Martin has not asked right away when it was published on arma3taviana and a3launcher to remove the download

He waited for all the communities he used ...to give a blow to all other  mods and facilitate the arrival of origins in a3?

exile were not affected because devs has worked well on Namalsk  ...and therefore this argument can not be of interest .. is just out of curiosity ...

I want to say im 99% positive in saying that the a3taviania.bid isn't martins site but its the old a3taviana website of the illegally imported map.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Flosstradamus said:

I want to say im 99% positive in saying that the a3taviania.bid isn't martins site but its the old a3taviana website of the illegally imported map.

a3taviana.com  everyone know who is owner :)   ... but nosense by same person close arma3taviana.com  and open a3taviana.bid ... perhaps he is hoping that Martin does not find it?

smart move is that the owner of map opens a3taviana.bid  :D

Edited by W4lly

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Brez said:

Origins mod is miles behind everyone else.. By the time they get on A3,  A4 will be out. lol

as long as 250 servers / $ 27 /month nobody interested to port a3/4 :)
Edited by W4lly

14 minutes ago, W4lly said:

a3taviana.com  everyone know who is owner :)   ... but nosense by same person close arma3taviana.com  and open a3taviana.bid ... perhaps he is hoping that Martin does not find it?

smart move is that the owner of map opens a3taviana.bid  :D

I think thats what it is. Trying to hide it from martin

Advertisement