Seth

Custom Crafting issues

7 posts in this topic

So recently I made a small little mod for my server that essentially adds weapon components, that can be crafted into full weapons/magazines/clothing and most of the functionality works fine with the exile crafting system. I also added 3 different types of spray paint which I wanted to use for crafting weapons with camo,but here is the issue.

Using full weapons for crafting things doesn't seem to work at all, here is an example that I tested in-game with resulted in the   "RH_M4_ris"  crafting item show up as a completely blank item 

http://pastebin.com/9zQMjBR7

Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 9:57 AM, Seth said:

So recently I made a small little mod for my server that essentially adds weapon components, that can be crafted into full weapons/magazines/clothing and most of the functionality works fine with the exile crafting system. I also added 3 different types of spray paint which I wanted to use for crafting weapons with camo,but here is the issue.

Using full weapons for crafting things doesn't seem to work at all, here is an example that I tested in-game with resulted in the   "RH_M4_ris"  crafting item show up as a completely blank item 

http://pastebin.com/9zQMjBR7

Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

it has a picture: \RH_m4\inv\m4_ris_x_ca.paa but not a pictureitem from what I can tell. Its the reason why the extended build mod is tiny as it only holds these minor images which get the system to work as everything it uses is already in the mod its just the extra minor things which make it work. Unless you can replace with another image (not sure even that will work fully but worth trying) or find what the image actually is then you cant use it as a custom craft (unless it does craft just not display in which case you will just have to live with no image or an alternative image)

Advertisement
8 minutes ago, red_ned said:

it has a picture: \RH_m4\inv\m4_ris_x_ca.paa but not a pictureitem from what I can tell. Its the reason why the extended build mod is tiny as it only holds these minor images which get the system to work as everything it uses is already in the mod its just the extra minor things which make it work. Unless you can replace with another image (not sure even that will work fully but worth trying) or find what the image actually is then you cant use it as a custom craft (unless it does craft just not display in which case you will just have to live with no image or an alternative image)

Well, iv'e come to the conclusion that adding custom images doesn't work to well, but the main issue that still persists is, can a weapon be used in crafting recipes like the example I had?

1. class craftRH_m4_des: Exile_AbstractCraftingRecipe
  2. {
  3.     name = "Spray Paint M4 Tan";
  4.     pictureItem = "Icons\m4(desert).paa";
  5.     requiresFire = 0;
  6.     returnedItems[] =
  7.     {
  8.         {1, "RH_m4_des"}
  9.     };
  10.     components[] =
  11.     {
  12.         {1, "RH_M4_ris"},  
  13.         {1, "Item_spraypaint_tan"}
  14.     };
  15. };

5 minutes ago, Seth said:

Well, iv'e come to the conclusion that adding custom images doesn't work to well, but the main issue that still persists is, can a weapon be used in crafting recipes like the example I had?

1. class craftRH_m4_des: Exile_AbstractCraftingRecipe
  2. {
  3.     name = "Spray Paint M4 Tan";
  4.     pictureItem = "Icons\m4(desert).paa";
  5.     requiresFire = 0;
  6.     returnedItems[] =
  7.     {
  8.         {1, "RH_m4_des"}
  9.     };
  10.     components[] =
  11.     {
  12.         {1, "RH_M4_ris"},  
  13.         {1, "Item_spraypaint_tan"}
  14.     };
  15. };

try making the image one that works for something else as it doesn't have a static relation to the object being made so if that can work it may be just a case of finding something which looks similar in image. I haven't as yet tried to craft outside what I know is working so not a great help I am afraid but I do know I can craft an axe without the image appearing in the menu but it does work anyway

5 minutes ago, red_ned said:

try making the image one that works for something else as it doesn't have a static relation to the object being made so if that can work it may be just a case of finding something which looks similar in image. I haven't as yet tried to craft outside what I know is working so not a great help I am afraid but I do know I can craft an axe without the image appearing in the menu but it does work anyway

i'm going to load up a test real quick and test something and show you the results I get.

Results, just like all the other times I tried: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=657925540

think its just how much detail the mod puts in for each item, plus I think that's why exile only allows some items to be crafted in a backpack like M2/UAV

Advertisement