Space

Missing file "welcome.sqf" kicks me back to lobby

Question

Hello
Every time I join an Exile server everything works until I spawn in. I'm able to switch communication channels, see the GUI icons and see the area of the map that I'm spawned in except I can't walk and there's an error on my screen saying: "script welcome.sqf not found". https://i.gyazo.com/0c2ed62a695e66f0367ca1464be75df1.jpg When I click this I'm just booted back to the lobby. I have verified all the mods in the A3 launcher and they're all fine and I have verified ARMA 3 itself on Steam which is also fine. Here are the mods I have installed for ARMA 3: https://i.gyazo.com/930922e8a668d56012d33ee2ff0304b7.png I have never been able to join an Exile server before and have always had this problem. I did some research and the ONLY thing I could find was this https://myaim.one/index.php/Thread/38-Script-Welcome-sqf-not-found/ which just blames infinistar and a chat room where a person was told to make their own welcome.sqf but never said where to put it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have not tried reinstalling ARMA 3 and all my mods because that's around 30-40GB of data and I have extremely slow internet and it would take around 2 days. I will try this as a last resort.

Thanks in advance,
~Space.

10 answers to this question

try diffrent welcome screen addon and delete all of the old one from all your files then try load in

try diffrent welcome screen addon and delete all of the old one from all your files then try load in

Hi thanks for replying,
Where would I find a new welcome screen addon and where is it located?

Advertisement

Script not found message is part of infistar and is normal.

You are probably being kicked due to battleye filters. You get booted but never actually see the reason why. Is this your own server? Or just a random one?

This happens to myself when i add something new and haven't yet done the battleye exceptions.

Infistar had a function in epoch to hide the "badcontent.sqf not found" for players and instead displayed "welcome.sqf not found". This COULD be the problem which would mean, that somebody tries to use epoch infistar on exile which COULD cause the problem you describe :)

Script not found message is part of infistar and is normal.

You are probably being kicked due to battleye filters. You get booted but never actually see the reason why. Is this your own server? Or just a random one?

This happens to myself when i add something new and haven't yet done the battleye exceptions.

Hi thanks for replying,
No this is all Exile servers and I've never been able to log into one before.

Infistar had a function in epoch to hide the "badcontent.sqf not found" for players and instead displayed "welcome.sqf not found". This COULD be the problem which would mean, that somebody tries to use epoch infistar on exile which COULD cause the problem you describe :)

Possibly, but this is every server I join and I have not been messing around with the mod files at all or any ARMA 3 stuff... I've tried verifying the mods again and still I get the same error on 3 random servers I joined.

Thankyou everyone posting so far, I've looked into some of the things said but still nothing changes my situation : /

Update:

I forgot to mention, last week while I was installing the Terrain Mod for ARMA 3 my A3Launcher kept crashing, but I would just restart it.

Today I opened A3Launcher and it crashed with the prompt: Send Error Report?
Same as before when it crashing while installing the mod except it would crash at a much faster rate and while it wasn't doing anything. I uninstalled A3Launcher and reinstalled it with a fresh EXE directly from the A3Launcher website and the same error occurred. I tried to install the launcher in a different folder and even on a different harddrive. Both times it crashed on startup with around 30 seconds of me being able to use it before it did so. Could this be an error with A3Launcher and not the mods/servers? How can I go about fixing A3Launcher if reinstalling it won't work?

https://i.gyazo.com/790774883d8f982b0781a1d144c5d189.png
https://i.gyazo.com/c0b1e56be8dca55c8412270042562a1b.png

Problem fixed!

Fix: Uninstall ARMA 3 through Steam.
Right click ARMA 3 on Steam, and click properties.
Click on the "Local files" tab of the properties window.
Then click the "Browse local files..." and it should open up a window with ARMA 3 files.
Because you've already uninstalled, there should be only 3-5 text files there and maybe your mod folders that should be called @modname. Delete them too, and the ARMA 3 folder.

Go to your my documents.
(If you don't know where that is, go to start and search for "Windows Explorer" then click "My Documents".)
Delete every folder with the name "ARMA 3" in it. Do not worry about folders called "ARMA 2" or just "ARMA" leave them alone.

Go to where ever you installed the ARMA 3 Launcher, at a guess it should be installed at "C:\Program Files (x86)\A3Launcher"
For me it was in D:\Program Files\A3Launcher.
Open "unins000.exe" and uninstall it.
Delete the folder "A3Launcher".

Reinstall the ARMA 3 Launcher.
Reinstall ARMA 3 through Steam.
Reinstall all the mods you need.

And it SHOULD work.

If you only delete only the vanilla Steam version of the game, it will not work.
If you only delete the launcher and reinstall it, it will not work.
If you only delete the mods and reinstall them, it will not work.

I needed EVERYTHING to be uninstalled and deleted at the same time for this to work. I have no idea why but it worked.
I'm sure there's an easier fix where you just delete one file then validate in Steam but this is still a working fix.

Advertisement