taikonaut

Black Screen... INIT_DXGI

Question

Is it just me or is there someone else getting the UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI error *a lot* when playing/starting up Exile?

17 answers to this question

12 hours ago, C][G GhostTown™ said:

Never seen that error before.

Have you tried to do a reinstall?

It manifests in a black screen when logging in to a server. Nothing happens... When tabbing out and killen the Arma3 process, the error code shows...  UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI

Seems to be a known bug, which never accured to me before. Now witht he most recent version of Exile, it happens a lot to me.

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

I just set up a server on my local machine. 100% Vanilla, no mods, no scripts, fresh Arma 3.

Even reinstalled DirectX and display drivers (GTX960)

--> Black Screen of Death

I join any other server (non-Exile), no problems, all is fine. And it seems that I´m not the only one. 

--> UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI

Nothing in the logs (client and server)

Oh, and this started to occur with 0.9.6... before that I had no problems whatsoever.

Edited by taikonaut

Sounds like a typical problem with broken bits and needles somewhere in the haystack.
Exile uses postprocess filters pretty early on start. Some compontent tries to call DirectX and fails.
We had similar problems after arma3 crashes or try to run to clients/servers at the same time out of the same directoy (by missclick ofc :)).
Files can get corrupted, like configs, gamesfiles, directx etc.

Tip: You dont need to reinstall a steam game, the files which would be loaded will be checksummed anyway. So just revalidate them.

This is what I would try first:

• Change or Reset your video settings. Cycle through window/windowed/fullscreen.
  • (Or: move to your userdocuments in your arma folder and rename your .cfg to .cfg.OLD and test it again)
  • Revalidate your Arma3 files
  • deactivate all services which injects somehow into your DirectX (Overwolf, Shadowplay, fraps etc.)
  • Try different Launcher A3Launcher and Arma3
  • Deactivate as most processes and services as possible which are currently running on your system
  • (Do not run server and client from the same installation, if you do that)
  • If nothing helps: (Repair/install directX again)

Thanks... Tried a lot of this already, but some of those need checking!

Posted (edited)

If u are using cups maps etc.. I had same issue.. Unsubscribe.. Del any folders for cups re-subscribe.. Resolved my issue with that recently 

Edited by Chainsaw Squirrel

1 hour ago, Chainsaw Squirrel said:

If u are using cups maps etc.. I had same issue.. Unsubscribe.. Del any folders for cups re-subscribe.. Resolved my issue with that recently 

I´m running a 100% fresh install. Arma, Exile, CUPS et al.

Advertisement