Fawkes

Adding mas v1.11 add ons in the addOns section of the mission.sqm spams console with "Mission Exile.Altis read from bank"

Question

We are currently trying to add @NATO_Rus_Weapons to our exile server. To start with, we added just a few pistols to the traders to make sure we are understanding the process. So far, we have added the mod to the server root, called it in our start parameters, moved the key into the keys folder, and edited the mission config.cpp at the top (to add trader prices) and the bottom (to add it to the pistols class). Without editing the mission.sqm addOns sections, we can log into the server and purchase and sell these weapons at the traders. However, to require the mod, we added the names of the .pbo's in the addons folder of @NATO_Rus_Weapons to the addOns section of the mission.sqm. Then, when we start the server, the console is spammed with "Mission Exile.Altis read from bank". I can't see an error in how I added to this section, but it must be the mission.sqm as it works when this file is unaltered. I will post links to my files below. Any suggestions? Thank you all in advance. NOTE: I'm very new to this, so don't feel bad about talking to me like a child :)

config.cpp --> http://puu.sh/o75BP/3903df39dc.cpp

Report--> http://puu.sh/o75DU/f7e1c745e2.rpt

mission.sqm--> http://puu.sh/o75G7/cb04c389f3.sqm

19 answers to this question

Hi Wolf,

Thanks for the reply. It is added into the server's root directory alongside @Exile and @ExileServer. I also included it in the start parameters, which I will post below.

@echo off
start "arma3" /min /high "arma3server.exe" -port=2302 "-config=Config\cfg\Config.cfg" "-profiles=Config\log" "-cfg=Config\cfg\basic.cfg" -name=Exile "-mod=@Exile;@ExileServer;@NATO_Rus_Weapons;" -world=empty -nosplash -noSound -noPause -enableHT -malloc=system -autoinit

exit 

Did you add mas to your launch parameters for the server and make sure its in the root of the server directory?

That's my guess because when you add the cfgpatches to the addons part of mission.sqm, it requires EVERY client to have that, including the server. 

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

addOnsAuto[]=
	{
		"exile_client",
		"a3_map_altis",

};

Extra comma after a3_map_altis. Remove the comma, you should be good to go. 

And when you add the mas weapons back to it, make sure there's no comma after the last one in the list. 

Edited by papahyooie

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, Fawkes said:

Apologies, that was an old mission.sqm. I should've double checked before posting that up. Here is the current with mas addons.

http://puu.sh/o77QV/ebc65dd6ea.sqm

That's what I figured. But you still have the same problem. 

addOns[]=
	{
		"exile_client",
		"a3_map_altis",
		"mas_nw_rifle",
		"mas_ru_rifle",
		"mas_us_rifle",
		"mas_us_rifle_c"
	};
	addOnsAuto[]=
	{
		"exile_client",
		"a3_map_altis",

};

Notice that last comma after a3_map_altis in addOnsAuto. And notice how there isn't one after the last entry in addOns.

Remove that last comma. 

Edited by papahyooie

Oh darn it. I knew it was gonna be some simple mistake, but one I make twice! That's embarrassing. Gonna fix that and see how it goes. Thanks for the assisstance, papahyooie! 

Unfortunately, that didn't fix the main problem. But good looking out. Always nice to have a fresh set of eyes looking at this stuff. Any other ideas?

I had some ideas, so maybe you can tell me if I'm dumb. Might it help to add the pbo's to the addons folder in the servers root directory? Also, could it be the quotation marks in my batch file? I've seen it with and without them so I didn't really know. I guess that's and easy check I could do now. I'm also having issues with BEC. I've got experience with python and bash and a pinch of java, so I'm feeling like I'm out of my depth.

Posted (edited)

post up your mission.sqm now

and no, adding them to the addons folder in the root directory won't help.

Edited by papahyooie

Advertisement