CameraChick

[Help] Modding Vehicle's Stats

7 posts in this topic

I am trying to adjust the stats of the UAZ (the default UAZ added to recent Exile patch). 

I opened the .pbo Exile_Psycho_UAZ found in @Exile and then modified the config so the storage was MUCH more limited:

maximumLoad = 500;
       transportMaxWeapons = 3;
       transportMaxMagazines = 50;
       transportMaxBackpacks = 2;

However, after saving the file, rePBOing it, adding it into the server files as well as my client files (for testing), the stats were not changed. Has anyone had success doing this? 

Note: after trying this, I have an error about config.bin/UAZ.scope on startup.  Do I need to recompile this thing or something? Not that I know how to do that... but it seems like a logical question. :P 

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 0:12 AM, CameraChick said:

I am trying to adjust the stats of the UAZ (the default UAZ added to recent Exile patch). 

I opened the .pbo Exile_Psycho_UAZ found in @Exile and then modified the config so the storage was MUCH more limited:

maximumLoad = 500;
       transportMaxWeapons = 3;
       transportMaxMagazines = 50;
       transportMaxBackpacks = 2;

However, after saving the file, rePBOing it, adding it into the server files as well as my client files (for testing), the stats were not changed. Has anyone had success doing this? 

Well you cant do this in any other mod and as far as I know the only way to overwrite anything is using the config.cpp file and adding the changed file to that then calling it, but I think its only scripts.

If it was possible you would need to change

class CfgExileCustomCode

add inside []

nameoffilewithoutextentsion = "path/nameoffile.withextension";

You could never accomplish it with just changing the client code on the server as the client code on the user would be different and either the key would say "everything is fine just load exile" or collapse in a heap, either way the client would only try to attempt to load the exile client it already has, any changes must exist in the mission pbo >>>>>> or you remake a complete exile client with your changes and make everyone who goes on your server get rid of exile and replace with yours of course

Edited by red_ned

49 minutes ago, red_ned said:

or you remake a complete exile client with your changes and make everyone who goes on your server get rid of exile and replace with yours of course

Correct. It is a small server and each person would have a modified copy. At the core of it, however, this should be feasible because the devs are doing it.

2 hours ago, CameraChick said:

Correct. It is a small server and each person would have a modified copy. At the core of it, however, this should be feasible because the devs are doing it.

It's definitely feasable, but the devs are also signing their work and as soon as you edit it, you need to either generate your own signature, or disable verification on your server.

14 hours ago, kuplion said:

It's definitely feasable, but the devs are also signing their work and as soon as you edit it, you need to either generate your own signature, or disable verification on your server.

By 'disable verification', do you mean turning verifySignatures to 0 in the config.cfg?  I have had this set for quite some time. And how does one create a signature? (I am sure that is a very loaded question, so feel free to ignore it. :))

It's never smart to just modify someone else work, there are so many things that can go wrong. If you just want to change some properties within someone else mod write a new mod with just a config file that requires the exile mod to be loaded first and the overwrite those properties you wanna change. 

In this way people doesn't need to download a massive mod since your new mod will probably just be a few bytes and you can require the new mod within the mission file so you force people to have it loaded.

If you turn off signatures, players that has the original exile mod will be able to join the server and everyone will see different capacities of your vehicles or even worse they can modify most files and hack your server O.o.

1 person likes this

Advertisement