Rompastomp

Multiple Accounts

15 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Something we have been discussing recently in our group of Admins is the possibility of multiple accounts.

• In our use case this will be due to wanting to have an "Admin" account and then a "player" account.  So we can have a clear definition between the two (Playing fun and wielding the ban hammer!).
  • For general users of the server who want multiple accounts e.g.:
    • For one Hero style and one Bandit style
    • On for playing (and logging out with your mates) and one for solo.

So...

1. Is this possible?
    1. Now?
    2. With mods?
    3. Or just not even possible at all?
  2. Is this a terrible idea? (I am famous for them!) e.g.:
    1. Can this be abused.
    2. Would it cause stability, BE or other untold issues.

Thanks in advance,

Rompastomp.

FPS Gaming Team.

Rompastomp smells.

Also good thoughts, I'm curious as to the feedback.

1 person likes this

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, InsertCoins said:

Cheers dude. I'll have a look into this and see if I can satisfy Rompas lust for more characters. Also, we must stop meeting like this, he'll get jealous..

Edited by kuplion
1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, kuplion said:

Cheers dude. I'll have a look into this and see if I can satisfy Rompas lust for for characters. Also, we must stop meeting like this, he'll get jealous..

I like meeting like this. It's safe with just enough of that of badboy flair hint.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Rompastomp said:

Hi All,

Something we have been discussing recently in our group of Admins is the possibility of multiple accounts.

• In our use case this will be due to wanting to have an "Admin" account and then a "player" account.  So we can have a clear definition between the two (Playing fun and wielding the ban hammer!).
  • For general users of the server who want multiple accounts e.g.:
    • For one Hero style and one Bandit style
    • On for playing (and logging out with your mates) and one for solo.

So...

1. Is this possible?
    1. Now?
    2. With mods?
    3. Or just not even possible at all?
  2. Is this a terrible idea? (I am famous for them!) e.g.:
    1. Can this be abused.
    2. Would it cause stability, BE or other untold issues.

Thanks in advance,

Rompastomp.

FPS Gaming Team.

Some admin panels allow you to log on and off as admin , without leaving the server and announce that  " player X  is now admin , or is now just player X " . Thinking outside the box ,  you could buy a second copy of Arma 3  :P

Edited by Goblin
1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, Goblin said:

Some admin panels allow you to log on and off as admin , without leaving the server and announce that  " player X  is now admin , or is now just player X " . Thinking outside the box ,  you could buy a second copy of Arma 3  :P

Yeah, we're running InfiSTAR already, I think we're going to go with this option for the time being and I'm going to have a looksie at the Mod @InsertCoins linked.

Posted (edited)

Thanks @InsertCoins and @Goblin!

We have swapped to admins logging in stripped of all their godly powers by default.  It is actually working quite well and I happy that we threw the switch.  I have not even wanted to flick the admin flag to on to "*cough* <insert random heavily armoured vehicle here> *cough*" which has made actually playing the game more fun.

Strangely enough I been accused of more d1ck moves when not having access to the ability to blow up other admins on a whim. (Gotta love infiSTAR for putting in an insta-explode-ya-mates-button).

PS. Kuplion Mugkitty smells.

Edited by Rompastomp
3 people like this

9 hours ago, Rompastomp said:

Thanks @InsertCoins and @Goblin!

We have swapped to admins logging in stripped of all their godly powers by default.  It is actually working quite well and I happy that we threw the switch.  I have not even wanted to flick the admin flag to on to "*cough* <insert random heavily armoured vehicle here> *cough*" which has made actually playing the game more fun.

Strangely enough I been accused of more d1ck moves when not having access to the ability to blow up other admins on a whim. (Gotta love infiSTAR for putting in an insta-explode-ya-mates-button).

PS. Kuplion Mugkitty smells.

Ye we have the same. Admins log in as normal players by default and only log in as admin when needed. Plus we post the admin logs to our forum so people know what's what.

2 hours ago, InsertCoins said:

Ye we have the same. Admins log in as normal players by default and only log in as admin when needed. Plus we post the admin logs to our forum so people know what's what.

Ohhhh, I the idea of being transparent with the logs!

Advertisement