Christian204

Server not starting

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

My server will not launch with exile on it. It runs with out by not with it. The server is run using havoc hosting and stops at the launch parameters. It runs fine with out the exile mod installed. Some one please help

Edited by Christian204

Posted (edited)

Hey Christian, welcome to the forums.

I myself have just started up an Exile server also through Havoc Hosting so despite my n00b skills I may be able to help you.

The first time I tried to install I had a bit of an issue with it too. I stopped the server, went into the file manager option and deleted the @ExileServer and @Exile folders, went back to mod installer and uninstalled them, then, reinstalled them. Once installed, head to your configuration files button and edit the .\A3DS\server.cfg

Change your server name at the top, (should look like this)

Spoiler

hostname            = "YOUR SERVER NAME HERE";    // The name of the server that will be displayed in the public server list

Then do the same for your admin and server command passwords like this...

Spoiler

passwordAdmin       = "PASSWORD1";                         // Password to become server admin. When you're connected to the server, open the chat and type '#login password'
serverCommandPassword    = "PASSWORD2"; //password required by scripts such as infistar, to perform server side scripting

Then at the very bottom you should see something like this...

Spoiler

class Missions
{
class Exile
{
template = Exile.Namalsk; //default map settings, ideally these would grab the names from the mpmissions in order to choose a mission
difficulty = "ExileRegular"; // ExileRegular or ExileHardcore
};
};

I'm running Namalsk, but, if you're running Altis, you'll want it to be...

Spoiler

template = Exile.Altis; // default map settings, ideally these would grab the names from the mpmissions in order to choose a mission

Once that's done, save that and head to your commandline manager button. Here, you'll want to click the "custom commandline" tab, then, create a new commandline. All you should need to do here is give it a name at the top, then, tick the box for "Mods, seperate via;" and type in   @Exile   then again, tick the box at the bottom that reads "Server Mods" and type in   @ExileServer   .

Hopefully, start your server back up and this should now be running a vanilla version of Exile.

I am however a complete n00b to this. So....Good luck! :D

PS. If you choose to run Exile.Namalsk, you'll need to download the Namalsk mod and add that to your server folder as @namalsk , then add @namalsk to your commandline under the mods section. :)

Edited by The Unknown

Advertisement
4 hours ago, The Unknown said:

Hey Christian, welcome to the forums.

I myself have just started up an Exile server also through Havoc Hosting so despite my n00b skills I may be able to help you.

The first time I tried to install I had a bit of an issue with it too. I stopped the server, went into the file manager option and deleted the @ExileServer and @Exile folders, went back to mod installer and uninstalled them, then, reinstalled them. Once installed, head to your configuration files button and edit the .\A3DS\server.cfg

Change your server name at the top, (should look like this)

Reveal hidden contents

hostname            = "YOUR SERVER NAME HERE";    // The name of the server that will be displayed in the public server list

Then do the same for your admin and server command passwords like this...

Reveal hidden contents

passwordAdmin       = "PASSWORD1";                         // Password to become server admin. When you're connected to the server, open the chat and type '#login password'
serverCommandPassword    = "PASSWORD2"; //password required by scripts such as infistar, to perform server side scripting

Then at the very bottom you should see something like this...

Reveal hidden contents

class Missions
{
class Exile
{
template = Exile.Namalsk; //default map settings, ideally these would grab the names from the mpmissions in order to choose a mission
difficulty = "ExileRegular"; // ExileRegular or ExileHardcore
};
};

I'm running Namalsk, but, if you're running Altis, you'll want it to be...

Reveal hidden contents

template = Exile.Altis; // default map settings, ideally these would grab the names from the mpmissions in order to choose a mission

Once that's done, save that and head to your commandline manager button. Here, you'll want to click the "custom commandline" tab, then, create a new commandline. All you should need to do here is give it a name at the top, then, tick the box for "Mods, seperate via;" and type in   @Exile   then again, tick the box at the bottom that reads "Server Mods" and type in   @ExileServer   .

Hopefully, start your server back up and this should now be running a vanilla version of Exile.

I am however a complete n00b to this. So....Good luck! :D

PS. If you choose to run Exile.Namalsk, you'll need to download the Namalsk mod and add that to your server folder as @namalsk , then add @namalsk to your commandline under the mods section. :)

It is the console the server gives me, that is the problem 

So how far does it get when you try to start the server with the Exile mod installed and in the command line?

3 hours ago, The Unknown said:

So how far does it get when you try to start the server with the Exile mod installed and in the command line?

No where

Can you post up your RPT? Best way of showing what is going on

1 hour ago, Hell Raiser said:

Can you post up your RPT? Best way of showing what is going on

?

If you want, make a sub user on your control panel and i will take a look if you like? (If you are with this, send me details through a PM)

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, The Unknown said:

14 minutes ago, Hell Raiser said:
14 minutes ago, Hell Raiser said:

If you want, make a sub user on your control panel and i will take a look if you like? (If you are with this, send me details through a PM)

I will tell you if I will

Edited by Christian204

Advertisement