kuplion

Chernarus / CUPs issues and queries.

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Afternoon folks. How is everyone?

I'm currently testing out a Chernarus Server and I'm loving the way the map works with Exile (I'm a sucker for nostalgia) but there are a few issues that are bugging me..

First up is grass draw distance, this seems to be capped at about 25m regardless of settings (server set or InfiSTAR set); is there a way to override this as I don't quite fancy the age old Arma 2 issue of being a bush wookie on the hill. in long grass thinking you're hidden when everyone else can just see a dude in the middle of an open field.

InfiSTAR settings:

Terrain Grid Value = 40
ViewDistance Value = 1500
ObjectViewDistance = 1500
ShadowViewDistance = 50

Secondly, how do people manage the debug/out of border issue of hiding stuff/creating camps out there?

Third, I've noticed AI have no regard for the pews in the church buildings, instead just walking through them, is there a fix?

===

Have people encountered any other issues that they could share with any fixes they may have encountered?

Edited by kuplion

Can you shortly describe how you got CUP and Cherno running ? 

THX

Olli

Advertisement
7 minutes ago, olveld said:

Can you shortly describe how you got CUP and Cherno running ? 

THX

Olli

In what sense? I added spawn points, traders, loot positions, and a building replacement script for some A2 > A3 buildings.

The general Setup . Maybe you can share your Startup Parms and Mission PBO. 

I think some others have problems get cherno with CUP running, when i look through the hreads here.. ;-)

That would be very helpful.

Olli

8 minutes ago, olveld said:

The general Setup . Maybe you can share your Startup Parms and Mission PBO. 

I think some others have problems get cherno with CUP running, when i look through the hreads here.. ;-)

That would be very helpful.

Olli

Gimme a couple of hours and I'll write up a guide for it. I've been meaning to do it because as you so rightly point out, there are lots of people asking for help on the subject.

17 minutes ago, kuplion said:

Gimme a couple of hours and I'll write up a guide for it. I've been meaning to do it because as you so rightly point out, there are lots of people asking for help on the subject.

Cool !! Thanks alot !

i guess you re busy, could you provide you mission.pbo and vital config files for CUP and Chernarus ? 

that would help a lot..

Greetz 

Olli

1 hour ago, olveld said:

i guess you re busy, could you provide you mission.pbo and vital config files for CUP and Chernarus ? 

that would help a lot..

Greetz 

Olli

Hey dude. Apologies for the delay in getting something together. I'll finish working on it soon and get it posted.

The grass is a MOD setting for the map, it seems to be 50m in case of AiA terrain pack, as far as im aware you cant override this, and if its set to low creator was aiming for performance, wider radius of visible grass impacts performance a lot.

Advertisement