CameraChick

Stats reset when logging in?

Question

My players are experiencing a stat reset when they log back in. We have noticed hunger and thirst are reset to 100%, but I am not sure about body temperature and health yet; I just assume it's a full stat reset. Not sure if this is a glitch with 0.9.6 or something on my end. Anyone else see this?

4 answers to this question

We are having the same issue.

1 person likes this

Advertisement

Your player saves every 5 minutes, your hunger/thirst/alcohol etc... will only save when your player is saved. When you disconnect your player is saved too, but it is fired server side and your stats are recorded client side, meaning there's no way to fetch your current stats when you disconnect. There's not really an easy fix without increasing network utilization.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Mikeeeyy said:

Your player saves every 5 minutes, your hunger/thirst/alcohol etc... will only save when your player is saved. When you disconnect your player is saved too, but it is fired server side and your stats are recorded client side, meaning there's no way to fetch your current stats when you disconnect. There's not really an easy fix without increasing network utilization.

I guess what we're seeing is that they aren't being saved for an entire restart.  I'm wondering what I did to alter this.  I definitely didn't do this intentionally and I don't remember it being that way after the 0.9.6 release so I'm thinking it was a script installation.  I just don't see anything I have interfering with this particular function.  Could be wrong though.  Hopefully more people will come forward and we can figure this out.

Advertisement