Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkpurge

[SOLVED] Looking for a better explained newb version on mods

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Im looking for a better explained guide on how to install Ryans Zombz & demons, and some sort of AI missions, if you have any links to guides that would help please post. If you're going to be rude please don't post :) This is for meh new Exile server :P

Edited by Darkpurge

AI Missions:

Zombies:

Both links contain install guides that are incredibly simple to follow. :)

Advertisement

OMFG UR AN ANIMAL I GOT MY ZEDS WORKING BY MYSELF OMGGGGGG <333333333333333333333333333333 u

Posted (edited)

If you want the zombies and AI to be even more immersive, do this too:

In Exile-Z, go into the "init" folder and then into the "fn_init.sqf" file. Change these two lines from:

ZombieSide                   = WEST;             // zombie team side east, west and Civilian can be used
ZombieSideString             = "WEST";           // Same thing but in a string.

To:

ZombieSide                   = EAST;             // zombie team side east, west and Civilian can be used
ZombieSideString             = "EAST";           // Same thing but in a string.

Re-PBO the Exile-Z files and add it to your server again as normal.

Then add this mod to the server too (there is a prepackaged PBO file linked towards the end of the first post if you want):

Now there will be roaming AI (including a heli or two) as well as missions, and the AI will fight the zombies (and the zombies will fight the AI) as well as you.

Edited by kuplion

Happy to help. :) I hope it works as well for you as it does for my server.

It does:) By chance you know how to make the Zeds easier to kill is tht in the config or??

Same file as above (fn_init.sqf) in Exile-Z, change these lines:

_Ryanzombieshealth			           = 0.8; 	 // Health, *(initial damage level 0 is no damage 1 is dead)
_Ryanzombieshealthdemon                = 0.5;	 // Health, *(initial damage level 0 is no damage 1 is dead)
_Ryanzombiesattackspeed 	           = 1.5;	 // Attack speed, *(Time is seconds between attacks)
_Ryanzombiesattackdistance 	           = 1;	     // Attack distance, *(in meters)

These are my settings, I have the zeds health as normal, but their attack distance lowered (I think default is 2m which means they can hit you through floors which is just stupid). 1m means they have to be toe to toe with you and makes it far more "realistic".

Setting their health to 1 will spawn them dead (and 0 means perfectly healthy 100% health), so the default setting (0.8) means they have 20% of their health left (or they start with 80% damage, depending which way round you think of it). Easier settings would be health set to 0.9 but they are going to be super easy then (probably a couple of chest shots max), so I'd personally leave the normal zombies at 0.8 and set the demons to 0.7 or 0.8, so they're a touch easier to kill but you still have to be wary of them.

Advertisement