kuplion

What's the best way to do reserved slots?

6 posts in this topic

Morning folks,

I'm thinking ahead regarding the relauch of my server, as before things got in the way we were averaging 35 players a day/night, and am trying to decide on the best implementation of reserved slots. I know BEC can do it, as can InfiSTAR, and I use both. Is there a better way to handle this, maybe something with the ability to add players to the reserved list without the need to restart the server (I guess I could do this by restarting just BEC, but it would reload the schedule too).

Are there any decent ways to link this in to a donation based system for slots too (thinking waaaaaaaay ahead now but I'd rather be prepared than not, eh) ?

I believe there is a script you can use for it which calls a UID array from your server files but I'd need to look for it. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Advertisement

Here we go, I found this from a pretty recent post. Not sure if it will need editing or not as I haven't really tested it but yeah.

For this, the player ids are kept in that file but you can make it server side. I'm on my phone right now and can't remember off the top of my head how to do this but you can try and look it up and if you don't find anything, I'll post something on here when I get home or when I remember.

44 minutes ago, Surge132 said:

Here we go, I found this from a pretty recent post. Not sure if it will need editing or not as I haven't really tested it but yeah.

For this, the player ids are kept in that file but you can make it server side. I'm on my phone right now and can't remember off the top of my head how to do this but you can try and look it up and if you don't find anything, I'll post something on here when I get home or when I remember.

Cheers dude, I must have missed that in my forum trawling. I'll have a read. :)

1 hour ago, Marak said:

Registered to say thanks Kuplion :)

Haha, what did I do? :P

Advertisement