Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Player1

Base Design / Helicopter Protection

4 posts in this topic

This may not be the proper "Topic" place to ask but hopefully I can get an answer either way.

So yesterday, I was going through the grind of farming items so that I could get myself a shiny new Black Hawk (100k Caps) on the server I play on. Finally achieved the 100k balance I needed and went to buy my heli. I parked it in its place on top of my base and drove a vehicle to the trader for some other little things I needed. When I got back someone had flew by, seen it, and blew it up. I admit I was a bit salty just for the simple fact that I wasn't even around to protect it. I wouldn't have been upset if I got shot out of the sky, it's just different. When I challenged whether or not that was against the rules I was told, "that's just a part of the game". So that leads me to the question. Is there anyway that I can build some sort of protection for my helicopter on top of my base? 

Hi, welcome to the forums. 

Some servers use virtual garages that store vehicles "off map" when not in use, others use the vehicle protection mod that makes vehicles indestructible when all the following  is met;

a) after the next restart
c ) When the vehicles is stored in a players territory

Personally I prefer virtual garages but I actually use Vehicle protection mod on my own server (haven't got around to figuring virtual garages out yet :) ). Both scripts are available on the forum, I can link them if you struggle to find them. 

Hope this helps

Advertisement

This has always been a problem sinds the arma 2 days.

Hide it or build a hangar.

If the server runs a towing script you might be able to Tow it tru a single garage door.

Would be a cool use for the towing tractor.

Posted (edited)

First, that's not what 'salty' means.

- Some servers have vehicle protections implemented. I strongly recommend cruising around and finding one, or getting a scheme implemented on your home server. A clever solution I saw on [nameless server #1] is when you are offline, vehicles in your territory radius are immune from damage until you log on, OR a friend or someone with the code unlocks said vehicle. That directly prevents the "map scour" gameplay some players do: patrol map, see vehicle, land, satchel, poof.

- Some servers have different economies. The one I play on sells Ghosthawks for 15,000 for example.

- A brute force solution is to build a pen for it. Sucks, takes time, isn't perfect, but it's somewhat better than leaving that tasty bait in the open. Because Exile's building is very rapid, you build a box. For takeoff, you remove the top and fly out. Come back, land, shutdown, re-install the roof. Exile allows for very rapid base morphing like this.

Edited by oversoul

Advertisement