Lunchbox

verifySignatures issue.

Question

I am having an issue with verifySignatures. If I only 2 of the mods loaded out of the several, it lets me in the server, if I have all loaded, it lets me in the server.  If I load a mod not in my mod list, it kicks me from the server.  It's driving me mad, I can't figure out why it's letting people without the mods into the server. If I use equalModRequired, it locks everyone from the server. Nothing in the RPT, nothing in any other logs.  What am I missing here? I posted all the information.

hostname        					= "[Snip]";
password         					= "test";
passwordAdmin      					= "[Snip]";
serverCommandPassword				= "[Snip]";
logFile            					= "server.log";
verifySignatures   					= 2;
BattlEye            				= 1;
requiredBuild 						= 133596;
allowedLoadFileExtensions[] 		= {:};
allowedPreprocessFileExtensions[] 	= {"sqf"};
allowedHTMLLoadExtensions[] 		= {"html"};
motdInterval 						= 5;               
maxPlayers 							= 100;		
voteMissionPlayers 					= 99999;   
voteThreshold 						= 99999;
disableVoN							= 0;        
vonCodecQuality 					= 10;   
persistent							= 1;       
kickDuplicate 						= 1;
equalModRequired 					= 0;
timeStampFormat 					= "short";
onUserConnected 					= "";
onUserDisconnected 					= "";
doubleIdDetected 					= "";
onUnsignedData 						= "kick (_this select 0)";	
onHackedData 						= "kick (_this select 0)";
onDifferentData 					= "kick (_this select 0)";
motd[] 								= {"Welcome to Arma 3 Exile Mod!", "www.exilemod.com", "Enjoy your stay!" };

class Missions
{
	class Exile
	{
		//template = Exile.Altis;  // Exile.Namalsk
		template = Exile.Chernarus;
		difficulty = "ExileRegular"; // ExileRegular or ExileHardcore
	}; 
};
:exile
start "Exile" /wait /high "arma3server.exe" -port=2302 "-serverMod=@ExileServer1;@infiSTAR_Exile;" "-mod=@Exile;@TRYK's_Multi-Play_Uniforms_pack;@CBA_A3;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@CUP_Weapons;@CUP_Terrains_Maps;@CUP_Terrains_Core" "-config=@ExileServer1\config.cfg" "-cfg=@ExileServer1\basic.cfg" -profiles=@ExileServer1 -name=@ExileServer1 -malloc=tbbmalloc -autoinit -enableHT
goto exile

4 answers to this question

For starters, don't use equalModRequired. It is outdated and can break things. Now as for verifySignatures, it is doing it's job. The job of verifySignatures is to make it so that a player when they connect, have no mods loaded that the server hasn't loaded. It is not used to make sure people have the same addons as the server. The way to require an addon for your server is go into your mission file, open your mission.sqm and you should see something like this at the top:

version=12;
class Mission
{
	addOns[]=
	{
		"exile_client",
		"a3_map_altis"
	};
	addOnsAuto[]=
	{
		"exile_client",
		"a3_map_altis"
	};

The way to require an addon is to go into the @ModName\addons folder. From here you can pick a pbo you want to require to have. Side note: requiring all of them is not entirely advisable as it causes clutter in your mission file and is unneeded. So from this point say if (Since I see your running CUP Units/Vehicles/Weapons) you would put something like this to require those 3:

version=12;
class Mission
{
	addOns[]=
	{
		"exile_client",
		"CUP_Creatures_People_Core",
		"CUP_Vehicles_CfgGroups",
		"CUP_BaseConfigs",
		"a3_map_altis"
	};
	addOnsAuto[]=
	{
		"exile_client",
		"a3_map_altis"
	};

This makes it so that the 3 addons (CUP Units/Vehicles/Weapons) are required. As you can see, I pretty much chose core files to put in because they just stick out for me more but you can put virtually any of the items in. If you need further explanation, I'd be glad to help

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

you got for every mod a key in the /key folder?

if you do this normaly you just should be kicked when a unsigned signature comes(like a mod thats not part off or a missing mod)

maybe infistar needs here some config

equalModRequired  is obsolete and should not be used anymore.

if you want to completly disable voting use

allowedVoteCmds[]                     = {};

Edited by hieve

Advertisement
4 hours ago, hieve said:

you got for every mod a key in the /key folder?

if you do this normaly you just should be kicked when a unsigned signature comes(like a mod thats not part off or a missing mod)

maybe infistar needs here some config

equalModRequired  is obsolete and should not be used anymore.

if you want to completly disable voting use

allowedVoteCmds[]                     = {};

Yes, I have all the keys required in the keys folder. The voting values were from a different thing I was testing. I don't have an issue with that.

On 4/12/2016 at 10:32 PM, Surge132 said:

For starters, don't use equalModRequired. It is outdated and can break things. Now as for verifySignatures, it is doing it's job. The job of verifySignatures is to make it so that a player when they connect, have no mods loaded that the server hasn't loaded. It is not used to make sure people have the same addons as the server. The way to require an addon for your server is go into your mission file, open your mission.sqm and you should see something like this at the top:

version=12;
class Mission
{
	addOns[]=
	{
		"exile_client",
		"a3_map_altis"
	};
	addOnsAuto[]=
	{
		"exile_client",
		"a3_map_altis"
	};

The way to require an addon is to go into the @ModName\addons folder. From here you can pick a pbo you want to require to have. Side note: requiring all of them is not entirely advisable as it causes clutter in your mission file and is unneeded. So from this point say if (Since I see your running CUP Units/Vehicles/Weapons) you would put something like this to require those 3:

version=12;
class Mission
{
	addOns[]=
	{
		"exile_client",
		"CUP_Creatures_People_Core",
		"CUP_Vehicles_CfgGroups",
		"CUP_BaseConfigs",
		"a3_map_altis"
	};
	addOnsAuto[]=
	{
		"exile_client",
		"a3_map_altis"
	};

This makes it so that the 3 addons (CUP Units/Vehicles/Weapons) are required. As you can see, I pretty much chose core files to put in because they just stick out for me more but you can put virtually any of the items in. If you need further explanation, I'd be glad to help

I got it with your help, thanks.

Advertisement