READTHESCROLL

Questions about switching server providers...

9 posts in this topic

I think I'm done with GTX Gaming. Looking at renting a dedicated server from soyoustart.com but I'm not sure what kind of hardware I should rent. Also, can I take the DB from my GTX server and move it to another server so people dont have to start all over? Much appreciated, thanks!

Advertisement

You can switch over you db, but as arma is cpu intensive, make sure your box has a good CPU, but if you are actually interested, I am a COO of a hosting company, and we can actually get you a dedicated server, or even a box. For a cheap price, and if you want TCADMIN, we can set that up on there too!

If you are interested, here is a link: 

http://www.futuristicgameservers.com/

https://billing.futuristicgameservers.com/billing/cart.php?gid=2

Edited by pople177

how many servers do you want to run?

E3-1245 will be good for two servers.

how many servers do you want to run?

E3-1245 will be good for two servers.

e5-2699v3 or bust ;)

The E3-1245 is stable and able.

If I could run 2 servers that would be sweet. Have one set up for testing. I REALLY want to check out that FuMS mission system. Sounds pretty amazing from what I've read so far. 

If I could run 2 servers that would be sweet. Have one set up for testing. I REALLY want to check out that FuMS mission system. Sounds pretty amazing from what I've read so far. 

A testing server barely requires anything, it's not really a server you put a lot of load on, so it should be no problem for you at all. 

Yea these past 6 months or so have been my first Arma server hosting experience lol. I went with a GSP at first just to see if I could handle it and actually make something I like. Now that I've got all the basics down and can do updates without using the GSP stuff I'm looking at machines that provide better performance and dont "get in my way" like the GSPs do. Yea I'll def check them out. Main priority is having good hardware and headless client to minimize frame drops and keep things running supa smoove.

Advertisement