wrt12345

Racking My Brains Out Chernarus Loot

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey All,

I've never been one for giving up, but can i get loot to spawn in chernarus is another thing, i've been through every post on this forum changing things here and there to see if i can get it working but its not playing ball at all.....

something tells me its the mission.pbo something is missing but i'm really not sure

server is running fine but no loot added

i'm starting to bite holes in the computer table lol........

thankyou in advance for any help......

i've been going through this post to the T

Edited by wrt12345

Advertisement
37 minutes ago, wrt12345 said:

@Surge132 yeah tried this no luck...... Im using this guys pbo 

I am also using his files and I, too, have the same issue. At first, I had tons of problems with his files and had to do a bunch of trial and error just to get it to load up correctly. I did make my own trader cities and made a custom loot table as well. Still can't get it to work. Can you spawn vehicles in? Like loading in after server starts up, do you see bikes and quads that have spawned in? I can spawn vehicles, just not items. If I find a fix, I'll definitely post a link if I think it'll help you too.

@Irish I've seen bikes but tbh I don't think exile is liking chernarus at all someone out there has it working..... but judging by the replys in this forum ......people are keeping it hush hush :) might just be time to get the old wallet out and offer some GBP :) as it's got me baffled......

Right, I'm on vacation for a couple weeks and I decided to pull an all-nighter trying to figure this spawning thing out and I've tried everything I've come across, which includes taking a "working" mission file and I still can't get anything to spawn. It either takes a guru or there are some major trolls out there placing sabotaged files on the web so we get frustrated enough to give up. ...but a new discovery was found in my files and you should also check yours. In your @ExileServer folder, open the "exile_server_config.pbo", then the "config.cpp" and scroll down under your loot table. There should be a configuration section that controls loot spawning. I didn't have one so I typed mine in. I'll post it in the "spoiler below. Needless to say, I still don't spawn items after putting that section in the file but I'm sure it has something to do with it and now I need to figure out a way to make it read that info? I'm not sure but I'll keep trying and let you know if I come across anything else.

Spoiler

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    //LOOT SPAWN CONFIGURATION
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

class LootSettings
    {
        /**
         *Chance in % to spawn loot in a building.
         */
        spawnChancePerBuilding = 65;

/**
          *Chance in % to spawn loot per loot spot per building.
          * 100% = Super high loot
          * 50%  = Normal loot spawn rate
          * 20%  = Low loot spawn rate
          */
         spawnChancePerPostition = 75;

/**
          * Max number of loot spots per building.
          */
         maximumNumberOfLootSpotsPerBuilding = 4;

/**
          * Exile spawns a random number of items per loots spot. This
          * is the upper cap for that. Setting at 3 means it could spawn 1,
          * 2 or 3 items per spot.
          */
         maximumNumberOfItemsPerLootSpot = 3;

/**
          * Radius in meter to spawn loot AROUND each player.
          * Do NOT touch this value if you don't know what you're
          * doing.The higher the number, the higher the drop rates,
          * the more lag your server will experience.
          * 50m = Minimum
          * 200m = Maximum
          */
         spawnRadius = 70;

/**
          * Notify players that loot spawned for them
          * 1 = Yes
          * 0 = No
          */
         notifyPlayer = 0;

/**
          * Defines the radius around trader cities where the system
          * should not spawn loot. Set this to 0 if you want loot to
          * spawn in trader cities.
          */
         minimumDistanceToTraderZones = 275;

/**
          * Defines the radius around territories where no loot spawns.
          * This does NOT regard the actual size of a territory. So do
          * not set this to a lower value than the maximum radius of a 
          * territory, which is 150m by default.
          */
         minimumDistanceToTerritories = 150;
    };

Posted (edited)

I'll try and see if I can get something together today for you. I've been working on a cherno mission file but I'll see if I can get both a loot table and a config for the loot and see if it works for me. If I can get it working I'll post it here. And since you're on vacation, I'll try and get it for you for when you come back.

Edited by Surge132
1 person likes this

40 minutes ago, Surge132 said:

I'll try and see if I can get something together today for you. I've been working on a cherno mission file but I'll see if I can get both a loot table and a config for the loot and see if it works for me. If I can get it working I'll post it here. And since you're on vacation, I'll try and get it for you for when you come back.

Thanks surge would be very much appreciated.

I noticed when I first tried to configure a Chernarus server, the pbo mentioned above was missing quite a bit in the config. If you have already placed your traders, I suggest save the initPlayerLocal.sqf, initServer.sqf, and mission.sqm. Get a vanilla 0.9.6 Exile.Altis.pbo, rename it to Exile.Chernarus.pbo. Replace the above mentioned files with the ones you saved. This will save you a ton of troubleshooting missing things/errors in the config. This will not get you loot though.

Many people using Chernarus had to place their own loot spawn positions manually or with an editor and don't tend to share the work as it sets their server aside from others. Some people have other ways to get the info they need.  

What I did is the left the class CfgBuildings in the exile_server_config untouched and ran THIS script to replace the majority of the non-enterable Arma 2 buildings with enterable Arma 3 buildings and the new buildings spawn loot. Depending on the power of your server, this may impact performance, especially under load.

An alternate to getting the loot working on this map would be a Lootspawner. I think it can still be found over on Epoch. I have used it with Exile to spawn the loot for mods like RHS. All you would have to do is configure the building list for the map. Then add in what loot you wanted. The script is easy install as you just drop in the ExileServer folder nothing more. It may not be ideal but should work.

Advertisement