Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vazuki

ARMA 3 Visual Upgrade

11 posts in this topic

made a quick comparison video taken from the recent dev branch update.

1 person likes this

Perfect example of Arma Ai, hmmm im being shot at, ill take the boat onto the rocks ill have better chance of surviving XD. Splendid upgrade looks good but there was a lot of looked like LOD flickering or buildings having problems to render in or whatever... Looks like im gonna have to go down on settingas yet again to play on some reasonable FPS... :(

Advertisement

Cheers for the video, Vazuki. :)

But..

That LOD, that looks horrendous. And is it just me or does it just look like they've over saturated everything in the upgrade? If this is a visual upgrade it makes me very sad. I was actually playing with the 1.59 Dev branch just a day or so ago and I couldn't pin down what felt so off, but this video definitely shows it IMO. I'm worried Arma 3 is going the way of DayZ SA with insignificant changes that are considered big upgrades.

I noticed a very apparent drop in fps. 

I'd take ANY optimization in terms of offloading graphics to the GFX-card and/or better multi-core/multi-thread usage over any visual update at this point. 

1 person likes this

DirectX12-implementation apparently was too complicated so it won't come with Apex apparently.

I guess they still have some time to tweak some stuff if needed.....I personally think it looks tons better than previously, especially the water.

11 hours ago, kuplion said:

I'm worried Arma 3 is going the way of DayZ SA with insignificant changes that are considered big upgrades.

Sure seems like it.

1 person likes this

Advertisement