bFe

Add codelock to any house?

12 posts in this topic

Is this possible? I would assume it it but you never know with Arma.
Would be cool if players could actually own a house instead of some wooden planks. Or own a house and extend it using the buildables.

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

Vanilla buildings are even easier to wall glitch than the exile walls, so you might aswell place a exile door there instead!

Edited by Sgt Smash

Definitely possible, Altis life did it :P

Yeah definitely possible, as Tay Tay said, Altis Life did it. 

However if you don't really want to do too much coding yourself, just go run the donkeypunch addon, it allows players to place arma 3 buildings in the same system as placing exile walls.

The only thing is that you will have to fill out a quick form to use the addon (it is whitelisted) but don't worry, it is pretty much just to check that you aren't trying to sell ingame items for real money! The addons can be found over here: 

Posted (edited)

I'd sure love to see some focus on expanding the building aspects of this mod cuz it's currently very limited in respect of the building.  Even the servers I've messed around on have to rely on DP and Extended Exile building addons to spice it up to attract players.

The mod had a great start and I get the feeling it's come to a crawl lately, specifically in this respect.

We got all these things like sandbags and tools and tires that are just sitting in the loot tables doing nothing but occupying space in a database.

Edited by Brez

2 hours ago, Brez said:

I'd sure love to see some focus on expanding the building aspects of this mod cuz it's currently very limited in respect of the building.  Even the servers I've messed around on have to rely on DP and Extended Exile building addons to spice it up to attract players.

The mod had a great start and I get the feeling it's come to a crawl lately, specifically in this respect.

We got all these things like sandbags and tools and tires that are just sitting in the loot tables doing nothing but occupying space in a database.

And until the game is actually nearing completion, we will have mods like DP and Extended to utilise those items. Once the devs are finished and Exile is a polished final product, we will have all items in game usable by the game mechanics and the DP and Extended mods will also be better, with more stuff to build and more stuff to build it from. It's win win I'd say .... 

Next update has a heap of new items to build with. FYI ;)

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

On 4/13/2016 at 8:42 PM, second_coming said:

I think the donkey punch addon lets you do it

The problem with DP is going through the hassle of getting your server approved by him IMO and the fact that you have to place down the building to be able to lock it

Edited by JnKTechstuff

Advertisement