speedweasel

Night time, flares and flashlights

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It looks like flares cant currently be used.  They don't fit in the starter pistol and I cant find a 'Flare Gun' anywhere in the Exile classes.

How about making flares a throwable item, like a chem light or a grenade?  That would justify the thousands of them gumming up the loot tables.

The starter pistol is cool and those 3-burst flares it fires can be tactically useful but the game needs some more light sources.  UGL flares are pretty useless for illumination and flashlights are a downright liability.  It would be great to bump up the lumens a flashlights put out (I've seen mods that increase the flashlight power by 4-8x which would make them actually useful.)

Adding light source items is going to make night time more fun and reduce player dependency on NVGs.  Currently most people drop from the server once it gets dark and bambis want NVGs at spawn.  I hate NVGs.  They make night time playable but they also ruin most of the interesting game-play possibilities that night time offers.

Edited by speedweasel
2 people like this

Ooooo, flares bring back memories of loot cycling all the barracks in A2. Definitely would be nice to see in the game, even just for nostalgias sake.

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

Ok well you inspired me.

I finished the 3D model and UV unwrapped it. judging by my last post it took a total of 3 hours :) 

FlareRenda.png

faro.png

Edited by zisb
Image with different lighting
3 people like this

1 hour ago, zisb said:

Ok well you inspired me.

I finished the 3D model and UV unwrapped it. judging by my last post it took a total of 3 hours :) 

Looks awesome man. Keep up the good work.

1 hour ago, XxFri3ndlyxX said:

Looks awesome man. Keep up the good work.

Now for the effort of getting it in game ¬¬

1 hour ago, zisb said:

Now for the effort of getting it in game ¬¬

Yeah that is the tricky part :P

Forgot I was doing this!

Sneak Peak:

5zYhzML.png 

1 person likes this

On 4/13/2016 at 10:27 PM, speedweasel said:

flashlights are a downright liability.  It would be great to bump up the lumens a flashlights put out (I've seen mods that increase the flashlight power by 4-8x which would make them actually useful.

Came here to post this. I don't think A3 Devs care about flashlights and right now they're pretty much useless. I love playing at night and would love the memories of A2 walking through the woods with nothing but a flashlight trying to find my way around.

My friends and i were just complaining about this our flashlights on our weapons are so dim its so hard to play at night.
and i aswell feel NVG ruin alot of the fun to the hole game experience.
i would love to have handheld flashlights & throwable flares but i wish for now there was just a way i could make gun attachment flashlights brighter.

A brighter flashlight, handheld/throwable flares and the removal of NVGs. Thats my dream. Mix that with a foggy jungle in Tanoa at night, and i assure you faster heartbeats.

Advertisement