OrbDamu

Help with basic configuration

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello all! First off, I just wanted to say that I'm completely new to Arma 3 server hosting, so if you would excuse my lack of knowledge, I'd appreciate it. I've recently purchased a server to run an Altis exile server and I plan to really devote hours into learning the ins and outs of configuration a server. However, being that I'm new I have a few major questions that I hoped people would be kind enough to help me with. Even if you could simply point me towards a resource to help me with the following question, that would be great.

First off, I have the server up in running with basic exile installed on altis. What I need to know to start off are the following things:

1.) The main reasons for setting up a database and how it works in regard to a dedicated, hosted server? What programs do you think are best for doing so and what files do I need to focus on when creating this database?

2.) What files do I need to configure/change to modify things like a.) basic server settings like time, restart, messages, etc.., b.) player starting inventory c.) trader location d.) trader prices, e.) loot spawning rates and loot tables

3.) What software will I need to view/change the aforementioned settings?

4.) Where do I begin if I am considering installing mods such as Tryk, cup weapons?

5.) When installing additional missions (like DMS), what are some commons problems I will encounter?

6.) Anything else I haven't yet considered.

I know this is asking a lot of the community, but even if you were to direct me in the right direction or give me an outline of the things I should focus on, it would be of great help. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I learn more and perhaps we can make this a valuable learning resource for future new server owners.

-Thanks in advance

Edited by OrbDamu

Posted (edited)

Spoiler
On 13.04.2016 at 7:36 AM, OrbDamu said:

Hello all! First off, I just wanted to say that I'm completely new to Arma 3 server hosting, so if you would excuse my lack of knowledge, I'd appreciate it. I've recently purchased a server to run an Altis exile server and I plan to really devote hours into learning the ins and outs of configuration a server. However, being that I'm new I have a few major questions that I hoped people would be kind enough to help me with. Even if you could simply point me towards a resource to help me with the following question, that would be great.

First off, I have the server up in running with basic exile installed on altis. What I need to know to start off are the following things:

1.) The main reasons for setting up a database and how it works in regard to a dedicated, hosted server? What programs do you think are best for doing so and what files do I need to focus on when creating this database?

2.) What files do I need to configure/change to modify things like a.) basic server settings like time, restart, messages, etc.., b.) player starting inventory c.) trader location d.) trader prices, e.) loot spawning rates and loot tables

3.) What software will I need to view/change the aforementioned settings?

4.) Where do I begin if I am considering installing mods such as Tryk, cup weapons?

5.) When installing additional missions (like DMS), what are some commons problems I will encounter?

6.) Anything else I haven't yet considered.

I know this is asking a lot of the community, but even if you were to direct me in the right direction or give me an outline of the things I should focus on, it would be of great help. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I learn more and perhaps we can make this a valuable learning resource for future new server owners.

-Thanks in advance

I think you need to read this post 

Or this one 

Edited by SadBoy1981
1 person likes this

Advertisement