DarkSideSixOff

[SOLVED] LOSING MY MIND - CLAN FEATURE

19 posts in this topic

Ok, I've about had it. My nerves have past the height of the tower in Dubai. I swear to god, if i have to invite someone to a group EVERY TIME THEY DIE. IT's starting to get old, and it's pissing everyone off. The clan feature is seriously long over due for something that is essentially, just that, ESSENTIAL to gameplay. Now i'm not a modder or anything, i have respect for a ton of modders and what not. I've only done re-textures. But is it actually THAT hard? To create a group one time connected to your base and have it never dissipate unless you yourself remove people? This is what we have to go through.

-Join Server

-Create group

-Invite players

-Someone dies or gets kicked off for glitchy steam signatures

-Re-joins

-re-invites

-Someone dies and group glitches out

-Re-invites

-Get's into gunfight

-loses some members

-Some are ok, some have to be re-invited

-re-invites

-Group Leader dies... EVERYONE in the group is disband, and group is re named to Alpha 4-3 or some shit

-Everyone leaves group, and EVERYONE has to now be re-invited

-Invites all re-sent

-server restarting

-Re-join server

-Send all the invites again, where as some group members are too damned annoyed to return to the gameplay because the group menu alone is a pain in the ass.

I have two solutions. One of them is to get rid of the current group system, and use the one Bohemia made, which allows players to create a group, add a name, and anyone can see it, and join it, unless of course the leader locks the group.

OR

ADD THE CLAN FEATURE ALREADY!!! Every other mod already has a permanent group system, to Breaking Point, to th Original Epoch. I like Exile, i really do, but this is the one thing that grinds my gears so much that i think they're rusting away.

Thank you for your time! =3 :rock:

1 person likes this

These things take time but if you think the development is going too slow then I can suggest you can try to code the clan system yourself and release it as a script for the entire community to use.

2 people like this

Advertisement

Posted (edited)

But is it actually THAT hard?

Comments like this piss me off.  Learn how to script and do it yourself!

Is it really *THAT* hard to create a new group?  Honestly, this only happens to me when the entire group gets wiped.  How hard is it to ask for a invite anyway?  Even if you get dropped?

All i see here is whining.  Be happy it came out the box with a GROUP FEATURE.

Edited by Choppra

1 hour ago, Choppra said:

Comments like this piss me off.  Learn how to script and do it yourself!

Is it really *THAT* hard to create a new group?  Honestly, this only happens to me when the entire group gets wiped.  How hard is it to ask for a invite anyway?  Even if you get dropped?

All i see here is whining.  Be happy it came out the box with a GROUP FEATURE.

I know, such comments aren't for the light hearted. But hey, i would script a prototype and donate it to the Exile team if i had the time to learn to do it, which i don't. It's a feature that honestly should have been worked on before necessary things like say, Camera's when there's already a function to literally scan for players, and know exactly how many there are? I'm not expert, but the priorities of the development seems to be a bit misplaced. And trust me, i'm not the only one frustrated, i'm just the voice of pretty much every single player on my server, who also agree's. I wouldn't be here otherwise. You can hop on any exile server in existence and ask anyone if they're fed up with the current group menu. No one would say no. But i guess it pisses you off that i'm pissed, it's ok, i get it. I'm patient however, this post is just letting the Dev's know, that people are annoyed with the current system, and that the latter needs to be implemented, soon, and perhaps it's more important than other things (bounty system vs. Clan System, etc.)

1 hour ago, Flosstradamus said:

These things take time but if you think the development is going too slow then I can suggest you can try to code the clan system yourself and release it as a script for the entire community to use.

I'd love to, i've actually tried starting to learn scripting but on top of the other things i have going on, it wasn't able to fit into my schedule. I just wanted the Dev's to know that perhaps the Clan feature is a bit more important, and should be moved up the priorities a bit. A lot of people are sick of the old group system.

1 hour ago, DarkSideSixOff said:

You can hop on any exile server in existence and ask anyone if they're fed up with the current group menu. No one would say no. 

I've never heard a complaint. The ONE time it was a problem was when I was playing along with my community, and I died. I respawned, ran to the trader, and bought a helicopter to get me back to them. We had forgotten to add me back to party, and As I was flying towards them, they didn't realize it was me (since I wasn't in party anymore) and shot me down. We had a good laugh about it. 

It's not THAT hard to reinvite people to party. 

Maybe if it's that frustrating for you, you're dying too much... ;)

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, papahyooie said:

I've never heard a complaint. The ONE time it was a problem was when I was playing along with my community, and I died. I respawned, ran to the trader, and bought a helicopter to get me back to them. We had forgotten to add me back to party, and As I was flying towards them, they didn't realize it was me (since I wasn't in party anymore) and shot me down. We had a good laugh about it. 

It's not THAT hard to reinvite people to party. 

Maybe if it's that frustrating for you, you're dying too much... ;)

Well, dying is apart of the nature of the game. So naturally, going to every mission possible, involves AI, that are sometimes mindless, or sometimes absolute beasts.

I understand your position though. No one complain about the group system, until of course, i brought it up. As soon as i mentioned it, there was a steady flow of agreements that the Clan feature should be more in the priority, since people teaming us is pretty much a constant occurrence during gameplay. It's apart of what everyone does when ever they join the server. So yes, not many people mind it, until you really think about it, or bring it up. Then people agree, the Clan system would indeed be better.

Really, posts like this make me laugh so hard.  It's on our road map and currently in development.  First, there are only 3 of us programming the entire mod in our free time.  Second, the order in which we code things may not make sense to you but I assure you there is a reason for it; some features need to be before we can add Clans.  Third, when we do something we try to do it well and Clans will not just be a persistent party systems.  

Also, when you die you don't get kicked out of a party in vanilla Exile. If you go to the lobby you will but not if you hit the respawn button.

In the future, asking nicely how a feature is coming along and when/if we plan to release it would probably be better than what you did here.

5 people like this

You really think your "blame, cry, cry, blame" will motivate us to sacrifice even more spare time to implement it? You, my friend, now have a big minus in reputation.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

There is some sort of a bug or could be a conflict with a mod but if theres only two In a party the party some times divied In 2 separt partys if they both dies at same time

Edited by kimse

Advertisement