cGs! mIKE

Stop Map Markers?

9 posts in this topic

Is there a feature with infistar to block the map markers?  I found that some players are able to import photos of nude pictures and some how paste them all over our map on the server.  Is there some sort of block for map markers completely?

1 person likes this

There is this section in infiSTAR

/*  Check Global Markers */
CGM = false;	/* you may need to disable this check for A.I. Missions - or whitelist the used Markers in the aLocalM Array beneath */

/*  Check Local Markers  */
CLM = false;	/* false if you do not want LocalMarker to be checked. */

/*  Use aLocalM array    */
UMW = false;	/* use allowed marker array from below (for example AltisLife uses house_ and others in there) or A.I. Missions */
/* aLocalM: if "CLM" && UMW - this array of names will be allowed */
aLocalM[] = {"MissionMarker"};

This creates it so that if you enable CGM than the only markers that are placed globally are markers that are allowed by the server in the whitelist array. So just make sure if you have any dynamic mission system on your server that all the markers it spawns are whitelisted in aLocalM.

Advertisement

stop user map markers completely ? 

Oh I would so love to see this implemented. I have a script that logs who places and deletes any marker, be it global, group, vehicle or direct. It logs the player UID, name, marker position, marker name and time placed. Really helpful but also fills up pretty quickly. I'd much prefer to not allow map markers placed in side chat what-so-ever, but I don't want to disable side chat. 

On 4/18/2016 at 2:42 PM, infiSTAR said:

stop user map markers completely ? 

Yes, block all "global" markers,  maybe allow only group markers to be displayed.    We get spammers constantly on our server spamming our map with thousands of markers to annoy everyone else.  

1 hour ago, cGs! mIKE said:

Yes, block all "global" markers,  maybe allow only group markers to be displayed.    We get spammers constantly on our server spamming our map with thousands of markers to annoy everyone else.  

I run this as a function, and added to the client thread - I run in every 5 seconds, deletes all user defined map markers

private ["_a"];

{  
    private "_a";

_a = toArray _x;

_a resize 15;

if (toString _a == "_USER_DEFINED #") then 
    {

deleteMarker _x;
    }              

} forEach allMapMarkers;

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, John said:

I run this as a function, and added to the client thread - I run in every 5 seconds, deletes all user defined map markers

private ["_a"];

{  
    private "_a";

_a = toArray _x;

_a resize 15;

if (toString _a == "_USER_DEFINED #") then 
    {

deleteMarker _x;
    }              

} forEach allMapMarkers;

can this run locally with custom infistar functions ? or it has to run on each client ?

On 4/23/2016 at 4:39 PM, Limitless0 said:

can this run locally with custom infistar functions ? or it has to run on each client ?

you could even inject it from server side if you just copy paste this to the very bottom of your EXILE_AH.sqf (infiSTAR has to be loaded that is why I chose that location but could be anything post init as well)

Spoiler

_code = {
	// yeah i know stupid thread with an extra spawn but sometimes the client just wasn't done 
	//	compiling all the client side exile functions and was missing this so we need to WAIT for it .. ^^
	[] spawn {
		waitUntil {!isNil 'ExileSystemThreadSleep'};
		_taskcode = {
			{
				if(_x find '_USER_DEFINED' > -1)then 
				{
					deleteMarker _x;
				} 
			} forEach allMapMarkers;
		};
		removeClientMarkers_T = [1, _taskcode, [], true] call ExileClient_system_thread_addtask;
	};
};
removeClientMarkersJIP_ID = [
	_code,
	{call _this},
	'removeClientMarkersJIP'
] call FN_infiSTAR_S;

adds it to the jip que and afterwards adds it using exile task system so no extra thread is used

4 hours ago, infiSTAR said:

you could even inject it from server side if you just copy paste this to the very bottom of your EXILE_AH.sqf (infiSTAR has to be loaded that is why I chose that location but could be anything post init as well)

Reveal hidden contents

_code = {
	// yeah i know stupid thread with an extra spawn but sometimes the client just wasn't done 
	//	compiling all the client side exile functions and was missing this so we need to WAIT for it .. ^^
	[] spawn {
		waitUntil {!isNil 'ExileSystemThreadSleep'};
		_taskcode = {
			{
				if(_x find '_USER_DEFINED' > -1)then 
				{
					deleteMarker _x;
				} 
			} forEach allMapMarkers;
		};
		removeClientMarkers_T = [1, _taskcode, [], true] call ExileClient_system_thread_addtask;
	};
};
removeClientMarkersJIP_ID = [
	_code,
	{call _this},
	'removeClientMarkersJIP'
] call FN_infiSTAR_S;

adds it to the jip que and afterwards adds it using exile task system so no extra thread is used

just wanted a menu to delete the markers when some troll decides to spam them on the map. Runing it on a client removes it from the server.

Advertisement