MudBone

The DMS Static Mission Template Project

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'd like to make a blank template that the Exile community can use to create and more / better static missions.

I'm looking for an existing DMS static mission that spawns, props (objects and static vehicles), AI vehicles as well as the standard AI and loot crates. Pop tabs as a reward would also be a plus also.

Any pointers to such an existing static mission would be much appreciated.

Once I pull together such a  mission I'll add examples and structure to the code so any would be mission designer can quickly design his own static missions.

Edited by MudBone
1 person likes this

+1 or something similar... Id like to create missions but I didn't find any simple enough informations mainly about how to deal with coords from editor and turn those usable by DMS...

Advertisement

This post is where I end up when trying to figure out how to create my own DMS missions.

+1 for a template

Posted (edited)

read the "how it works" text file in any of my v2.1 missions, it should give you a place to start with template.

Exporting cords for static missions is pretty simple if you use the m3editor and export to sqf function

A template to do everything at once would be pretty large and you wouldn't always use it all.

If you ask questions I can try to explain what I know and how I write missions

Edited by red_ned
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

On 01/08/2016 at 8:49 PM, red_ned said:

snip..

I've gone through some of your missions. The code is really straightforward and very clean. I'm well on my way to creating my own static mission.
A problem I'm having, is getting buildings exported into the correct format.

I export my objects using using M3Editor - Eden Edition, which looks like this:
["Land_Cargo_Tower_V2_F_Preview",[11033.9,3979.59,112.66],[[0,1,0],[0,0,1]],[false,false]]

But I think DMS is expecting it to look like this (based on all the other DMS missions I've looked at)
["Land_Cargo_Tower_V2_F_Preview",[10112.3,11774.4,0.219055],184.545,[[-0.0792504,-0.996855,0],[-0,0,1]],false]

Do you know how I can create DMS friendly building positions?

Thanks in advance

Edited by tropt
Update

3 hours ago, tropt said:

I've gone through some of your missions. The code is really straightforward and very clean. I'm well on my way to creating my own static mission.
A problem I'm having, is getting buildings exported into the correct format.

I export my objects using using M3Editor - Eden Edition, which looks like this:
["Land_Cargo_Tower_V2_F_Preview",[11033.9,3979.59,112.66],[[0,1,0],[0,0,1]],[false,false]]

But I think DMS is expecting it to look like this (based on all the other DMS missions I've looked at)
["Land_Cargo_Tower_V2_F_Preview",[10112.3,11774.4,0.219055],184.545,[[-0.0792504,-0.996855,0],[-0,0,1]],false]

Do you know how I can create DMS friendly building positions?

Thanks in advance

I use m3editor and the export to SQF function which produces the right buildings for DMS static missions

I want something like this I got some AMAZING ideas for missions I want to put on Tanoa. How about this one you little rascals: Defuse the "explosive device" - A ginormous "explosive device" has been planted by crazy terrorists in a major urban area you got some random time between 15 and 30 minutes before it explodes and it's gonna take 2 - 4 minutes to defuse or else it's gonna waste everything within a 100m - 200m radius. If you defuse it you get some poptabs and respect.

What you think would that be tough?

17 hours ago, red_ned said:

I use m3editor and the export to SQF function which produces the right buildings for DMS static missions

Thank you. Using the older m3Editor rather than the 'eden version' worked.
Really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.
=oD

On 8/10/2016 at 6:28 AM, red_ned said:

I have found that this results in the objects being simple objects which do not allow interaction (can't climb ladders, can't open doors)... is this correct?

2 hours ago, CameraChick said:

I have found that this results in the objects being simple objects which do not allow interaction (can't climb ladders, can't open doors)... is this correct?

the DMS system uses simple objects. If its a static mission and you load on server start you could take any objects you want to work (lights etc) and add them in the a3_custom PBO system and then they would be active, luckily its just a cut and paste job if you follow the instructions in the thread

Advertisement