Lunchbox

Extended Base Mod Check

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I wrote a small check for servers who have the extended base mod. Since the mod is not required to load, it warns players about not having extended base mod (also the consequences) and where to get it. This check will work with other mods as well if you change "extendedbase" to another "CfgPatches".

Place at the bottom of initPlayerLocal.sqf in the mission. 

// Wait until loaded in.
waitUntil {!isNull findDisplay 46 && !isNil 'ExileClientLoadedIn' && getPlayerUID player != ''};
uiSleep 5;
if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "extendedbase")) then {
["TaskSucceeded",["","Extended base mod enabled and loaded!"]] call BIS_fnc_showNotification;
} else {
["It appears that you do not have the extended base mod enabled. Although the mod is not required, to build A3 objects, you will need the mod. If you try to build A3 objects (Non Exile) without the mod, the objects will disappear when crafted. Please download the mod on A3 launcher and enable the mod to remove this error."] spawn BIS_fnc_guiMessage;
};

Edited by Lunchbox
10 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hey m8, nice check :) gonna test it.

working fine! Thank you!

Edited by Freakylein

Advertisement
9 minutes ago, Freakylein said:

Hey m8, nice check :) gonna test it.

Awesome. :)

1 person likes this

If you wanna hard code it into your mod somewhere, I'm cool with it.

love it ! What does it exactly checks ? I mean... "extendedbase" in the code is what ? I'd love to use this script for other mods but for almost all of them I won't know what to write :D

11 minutes ago, marcheur said:

love it ! What does it exactly checks ? I mean... "extendedbase" in the code is what ? I'd love to use this script for other mods but for almost all of them I won't know what to write :D

Check out the link below. It's Freaky's delicious/yummers add-on for Exile.

Extended Base Mod

hey, I already use it since like its beginning ;) I just intend to use your script with others mods too to warn people about some mods they miss but I have no clue about how you identify those as for extended base mod, it is "extendedbase"... So if I knew where to find this "id" it would help me :) any idea on how to find it ? In rpt maybe ?

Posted (edited)

52 minutes ago, marcheur said:

hey, I already use it since like its beginning ;) I just intend to use your script with others mods too to warn people about some mods they miss but I have no clue about how you identify those as for extended base mod, it is "extendedbase"... So if I knew where to find this "id" it would help me :) any idea on how to find it ? In rpt maybe ?

Here is code how add some mod check

Spoiler

waitUntil {!isNull findDisplay 46 && !isNil 'ExileClientLoadedIn' && getPlayerUID player != ''};
uiSleep 5;
if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "extendedbase")) then {
["TaskSucceeded",["","Extended Base mod enabled and loaded!"]] call BIS_fnc_showNotification;// Extended Base mod
} else {
["It appears that you do not have the Extended Base mod enabled."] spawn BIS_fnc_guiMessage;
};
sleep 8;
if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "asdg_jointrails")) then {
["TaskSucceeded",["","ASDG_JR mod enabled and loaded!"]] call BIS_fnc_showNotification;// ASDG_JR mod
} else {
["It appears that you do not have the ASDG_JR mod enabled."] spawn BIS_fnc_guiMessage;
};
sleep 8;
if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "hlcweapons_core")) then {
["TaskSucceeded",["","HLC mod enabled and loaded!"]] call BIS_fnc_showNotification;// HLC mod
} else {
["It appears that you do not have the HLC mod enabled."] spawn BIS_fnc_guiMessage;
};
sleep 8;
if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "cba_ai")) then {
["TaskSucceeded",["","CBA_A3 mod enabled and loaded!"]] call BIS_fnc_showNotification;// CBA_A3 mod
} else {
["It appears that you do not have the CBA_A3 mod enabled."] spawn BIS_fnc_guiMessage;
};

I just open @ mod folder, addons, extract first pbo file, there is config.bin file inside

Open elitness and then u can see config.bin file, there u just take code from CfgPatches and add to your script.

Here is exemple screen:

example

Edited by SadBoy1981

Advertisement