Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harper9690

[SOLVED] Password?

Question

6 answers to this question

Can I ask who you are hosting with?..  Some I have used before and might be able to rack my brains to remember where the setting was.

Keep in mind some hosting services like to charge extra for having a lock on your server.  If you didn't stump up the cash you might not be able to get around it by design. :(

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Have a look in @ExileServer\Config.cfg

hostname        					= "[UK/EU] FPS Gaming | Chernarus | Exile-Z | Zombies | PVP | Revive | AI |";
password         					= "PUT YOUR PASSWORD HERE";
passwordAdmin      					= "xxx";
serverCommandPassword					= "xxx";

EDIT: I see you've already changed that, I should really read everything before I post. lol

Edited by kuplion

Advertisement

Currently im hosting with Vert Hosting. Definitely no password in place however ive double checked and ive definitely added one correctly in that config file. Any ideas?

Posted (edited)

I used to use Vert hosting a while back for some Arma 2 servers, If I remember correctly they have a different config file they use. Go to the command line manager, find the active command line & look for -config=file\path\to\config.cfg   That should point you in the right direction. I also remember they had a configuration tab on the control panel. Have you tried using that instead of going into @ExileServer from the root folder?

If this doesn't help, put in a support ticket. Vert hosting is very supportive of their customers. They've helped me out of a bind (see: Broken Server) many times when I first started hosting servers. xD

Edited by oSoDirty
1 person likes this

Figured out the password, thanks all. Just had to add it in a well hidden built in interface additionally and it worked.

We have closed this thread and marked it as solved.

Advertisement