TBsThug

-servermod= -mod=

Question

what is the difference between -servermod= and -mod= 

I am looking for information, links, or anything you can tell me.   I have had this explained to me 5 different ways and there can only be one right answer.

I have a server that has australia, exile, exileserver, cup terrains core and cup terrains map and dont know what order to put them.

5 answers to this question

All the information I'm posting here is taken from this page:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters

-serverMod=<string> Loads the specified sub-folders for different server-side (not broadcasted to clients) mods. Separated by semi-colons. Absolute path and multiple stacked folders are possible.

In Linux multiple folders arguments need the following separation syntax: -mod=mod1\;mod2\;mod3.

-mod=<string> Loads the specified sub-folders for different mods. Separated by semi-colons. Absolute path and multiple stacked folders are possible.
In Linux multiple folders arguments need the following separation syntax: -mod=mod1\;mod2\;mod3
This setting always auto-disable in-game mod/extension management (in UI menu).

So after reading what @Surge132 posted btw thank you very much.

This is what  I came up with: -servermod=@exileserver; -mod=@exile;@cup terrains core;@cup terains maps;@australia;

I came up with this because exileserver is the only one that you do not have to have in your client side launch parameters.

Please feel free to school me, I am 57 and  yes an old dog. this old dog will learn new tricks.

Advertisement

you can rename mods without problems in most cases...

Zombies & Demons for example would not work that way, just renamed it to zombies.. np anymore here

13 hours ago, TBsThug said:

what is the difference between -servermod= and -mod= 

I am looking for information, links, or anything you can tell me.   I have had this explained to me 5 different ways and there can only be one right answer.

I have a server that has australia, exile, exileserver, cup terrains core and cup terrains map and dont know what order to put them.

just some added info, if you use -mod and not -servermod the arma launcher will say the client does not have required mods

Advertisement