DY357LX

Custom .DLL's are possible for ArmA 2 servers... but could they output a .json file every X minutes?

3 posts in this topic

I remember seeing a tutorial on Killzone Kids' ArmA scripting/programming website about making custom .dll's and how they can interact with ArmA.

It got me thinking that it would be quite handy if you could get ArmA 2/3 to spit out a json file every 5 minutes with information like:
Current map, current player count, player names, score, uptime etc.

This json data could then be used on your website to display current server status/info. Similar to TeamSpeak panels that show currently connected users, channel
names, etc.

I realize a lot of this info can be embedded into your site from places like GameTracker, but then you don't learn anything do you? :)

Anyone know if this sort of thing is possible? It's something I've been thinking about for a few months now but am a little out of my depth in terms of programming
knowledge. Would love to see it a reality.

Posted (edited)

Yes it is possible, this is the way most mods who use DBs, interacts with them. 

You can write a custom extension and then execute commands on it through the game. 

There is a limitation on how much data you can send at once but you can just devided it on multiple calls, be careful though because an extension call is a scheduled execution so if the execution time is to long it can freeze your server. 

Edited by Janski
Typo

Posted (edited)

you could just create extra entries in your exile.ini and write all that info directly into mysql from an sqf script

Edited by second_coming

Advertisement